A Cache That Won't Be

Recently not too far from my home I noticed a field that is full of what I first took to be car body panels. On closer inspection it was specific panels, mainly the part that is the front bumper and the area below on modern cars.

I was hoping to place a cache near and call it what it is Spoilers!!!!

But having met the land owner, who's business is recycling plastic, he has a very impressive security system

and even though the cache wouldn't be on his land people would approach the gate to see the thousands of spoilers that are there and in so doing trigger his alarms.

So unfortunatly even though the landowner loved the idea and was amused by the theme I've agreed to respect his privacy and not place the cache not be for the time being anyway.

It's not connected to the police and is a silent one. But he appears to inspect why it's gone off. Past experience of 'lads' looking for a replacement for one they want at 2am has blunted his appetite for being called out. I can't blame him.

I didn't enter his property but leant on the gate and thats what set it off.

For what it is worth I believe we should respect that the land owner feels he needs the alarm and that he does not want to be bothered with people setting it off accidentally, provided there is no right of way. I agree with not setting the cache or putting a not in the write up if cachers are likely to wonder where they are not welcome. It is a shame but there are plenty more places and ideas out there.

For what it is worth I believe we should respect that the land owner feels he needs the alarm and that he does not want to be bothered with people setting it off accidentally, provided there is no right of way. I agree with not setting the cache or putting a not in the write up if cachers are likely to wonder where they are not welcome. It is a shame but there are plenty more places and ideas out there.

I agree fully, but with it being outside his fence, is he the land owner? If he isn't then it would be his own fault for the alarm going off when someone goes by. However I would go along with his wishes purely so that geocaching didn't come into a bad light.