Heeelllppp!

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice here. I just started geocaching about a week ago, and after finding a couple using online tools (maps, Google Earth, etc.), I borrowed a friend-of-a-friend's eTrex Legend to get a feel for hunting with a GPS to get an idea if I wanted to invest in one myself. Problem is, after leaving one particularly frustrating cache site earlier today, it fell out of my pocket while I was getting in the car....and I ran it over ;) So, now I have to replace it before he gets back into town on Sunday, (or at least be in the process of replacing it), but I don't have the $160 to go buy one. So, does anyone know of a place to get a super cheap Legend? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

... I ran it over ;) So, now I have to replace it before he gets back into town on Sunday, (or at least be in the process of replacing it), but I don't have the $160 to go buy one. So, does anyone know of a place to get a super cheap Legend? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Garmin will repair it (probably actually replace it with a new or factory reman. one) for $99. Check their website for out-of-warranty repair. Not cheap but better than $160.

Seeing as you accidentally ran over it with your car ... your auto insurance wouldn't happen to cover it under their property damage liability would they?

For $160, it's probably not worth the increase in premium, but you never know.

Also, check with your friend first. They may be happy to have you give them cash toward the purchase of a new Legend Cx -- if they were thinking of upgrading soon -- instead of the older model.

Actually, the whole thing didn't go too badly :unsure: . He was a friend of a friend, so I didn't have to tell him myself (thank goodness!), but apparently he was ok with me just replacing it. I actually ended up buying the one mentioned above for $80 :o