Vista Cx Freeze Up

Has anyone else had issues with the Vista Cx freezing up at the welcome screen? I have only had the unit for 6wks and it has not taken any hard knocks, batteries are new. I am using it with a Mac so am kind of SOL as far as updates. anyone else with this issue?

www.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00439-00

Update to ver. 2.3 and your problems should go away.

Has anyone else had issues with the Vista Cx freezing up at the welcome screen? I have only had the unit for 6wks and it has not taken any hard knocks, batteries are new. I am using it with a Mac so am kind of SOL as far as updates. anyone else with this issue?

www.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00439-00

Update to ver. 2.3 and your problems should go away.

The original post implies Team Kryptos is unable to get any updates. Not being a Mac user, I can't verify the compatibility of Web Update and Mac. Is there another way to get and apply updates?

With firmware update files, you can download to a memory card, or USB-thumbdrive, then run the update from that on a PC, and it does not tie you to a particular PC. Would be interesting if the MAC could unzip to a USB thumbdrive or memory card, then you could run the updater from any PC.

Did the software updating work?

I've got the same problem after having the unit about a week and after I did an extensive exploration of the new unit using the manual to "explore" all the options, so thought I'd changed something but sure can't find out what.

I did find a way around it by going to the backlight menu, then holding down the "find" key until the find menu would pop up. From there I would tell it to find something and a dialogue box would pop up and tell me the GPS was off and did I want to turn it on. After telling it to turn the GPS on, it worked fine. Seems that the default changed so that the GPS was "off" when the unit was turned on.

I've e-mailed Garmin but then they said it would take 5-7 days to get back to me.

Thanx---

The update worked for me. I did not do the restart like you did. I was told it is something with the track log. When you turn it off it causes a freeze. I now have 2.4, there is another update too. No problems since.