How Many Caches Hidden In Us?

All Your Caches Are Belonging to Us.

On topic: No, there's no easy way that I'm aware of to do this calculation. A few months ago, it was relevant for me to do the calculation for Canada, and I did so -- province by province. The number was something like 18,000 IIRC. Which is cool. But thank goodness there aren't 50 provinces!

All you have to do is take a few minutes and add them all up. Not a whole lot of work.

Here is the result as of 1745 (5:45 p.m.) Mountain Standard Time on May 3, 2006.

Alabama 2527

Alaska 817

Arizona 4234

Arkansas 1859

California 28211

Colorado 3014

Connecticut 1453

Deleware 347

District of Columbia 66

Florida 8724

Georgia 3492

Hawaii 529

Idaho 3583

Illinois 3978

Indiana 5146

Iowa 1669

Kansas 1752

Kentucky 2642

Louisiana 1053

Maine 1096

Maryland 1902

Massachusetts 2574

Michigan 4785

Minnesota 3297

Mississippi 986

Missouri 1956

Montana 1196

Nebraska 1570

Nevada 2595

New Hampshire 1104

New Jersey 2319

New Mexico 1778

New York 6019

North Carolina 5018

North Dakota 248

Ohio 4917

Oklahoma 2108

Oregon 6580

Pennsylvania 5924

Rhode Island 371

South Carolina 1275

South Dakota 592

Tennessee 5232

Texas 13338

Utah 5556

Vermont 564

Virginia 3332

Washington 7581

West Virginia 793

Wisconsin 4046

Wyoming 819

TOTAL 176567

P.S. These are only active caches. Archived caches are not included.

Edited by 4BOWS

When I first saw the title I thought this thread was going to be about insanely tiny micros, implants and alien abduction theories, but I see now its not.

Sorry, carry on.

:laughing:

I know. Same here! The topic of the thread was "How many caches hidden in us?", and then, the OP, in his or her first post, drastically changed the topic to that of "How many caches are located in America?"

What a downer! I was hoping to learn all about alien brain implants and alien abduction. :ph34r::lol::lol:

BTW, for full disclosure: I useta have five alien nanocaches implanted in my brain, at least according to the nice doctors and their two million dollar alien implant diagnostic machine at the Ajax Alien Implant Removal Clinic[/b in Nevada, but -- for the minor fee of $4,444 -- they removed all of them in one session using their new five million dollar Turbo Nanospheric Alien Implant Removal Device Model 6BBG82, and their diagnostic scans (only $1,414 per scan) since then indicate that I remain alien implant free.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Thank you to 4BOWS for dilegently looking up that information for me. I was hoping there would be an easier way to track down the final tally that someone else knew about.

I agree with The Leprechauns that its easier to pull up each province one by one as there are only 10 rather than 50. Too bad we can't find one big tally by country and then break it down from there by province or by state.

Oops, one slip of the caps lock bar turns US to Us. Maybe I should turn myself into a constantly moving cache. I'd have to keep editing my page throughout the day. Kind of like a human travel bug.

Indiana's #9 on the list and most of my finds are in Illinois, I gotta get busy in my home state!

For some strange reason I found myself calculating a simple "per capita based caches" when looking at my home state figures...an illness at times being a numbers freak...I must stop and therefore go on...I have only meager cache numbers to my credit but SD must get busy <_<