Downloading Waypoints

My son has asked for a GPSr for his birthday. I want to get one that will accept downloads of waypoints but don't want to spend to much in case he loses or breaks it. Does anyone know if you can download waypoints with the Garmin Etrex Legend?

My son has asked for a GPSr for his birthday. I want to get one that will accept downloads of waypoints but don't want to spend to much in case he loses or breaks it. Does anyone know if you can download waypoints with the Garmin Etrex Legend?

The Legend is an excellent entry-level unit with some good bells and whistles to grow into. I started with one of them.

Yes. You can download 1000 waypoints to the Legend. I used one for my first 300 finds, and loved it. We still keep it for a back up or for guests to use when caching with us. I highly recommend the Legend.

Just got info from "Miragee".. East to follow, did it, it works great....Using Legend, works super