Metroguide Or Navigator

moseley80

I was going to pick up metro guide canada for my 60csx because it has turn by turn routing but I was told that city navigator north america also has turn by turn routing so I guess it would make more sense to pick up the navigator instead of metro guide. Does anyone know of any cons for the city navigator north america as compared to metro guide. I live in Hamilton so I on occasion travel to the US since it's fairly close. Any help would be great. Thanks

I have been interested in getting the navigator as an upgrade from metroguide. The metroguide Canada is just Canada and a little bit of the northern US. Navigator North America covers almost all of North America as far as I have seen looking at the Garmin webiste. When I can afford the navigator I will probably buy it but I would also like another GPS receiver with more memory.

I have been using City Select 7 and have been very happy with it. If you are looking at Metroguide be aware that only Metroguide Canada 4 will autoroute on your 60 . The newer versions do not autoroute on your GPS. Trust me I ordered it when the GPS central site said that it did and had to return it to get City Select 6 in order to have autorouting on my 76CS. I have since upgraded to CS7. The annoying thing is the two license limit when I own 3 gpsr's

Also if it is Metroguide 4 you are looking at buying, save your money. The autorouting is horrible in many cases it doesn't take into account those minor driving annoyances like one way streets and rivers.

Hope this helps

Logger

No doubt about it. Go with Navigator for sure. MG4 served us Canadians well during the days that City Select and Navigator didn't know that Canada existed but it's getting a bit dated. I've had it try to route me down private farm lanes that at one time may have been public roads but sure aren't now.

You've got tons of memory potential with the 60csx so you will have no problem accomodating Navigator's large map chunks.

Cheers, Olar