Explorist 210 Cord?

This is also about the cable for the Explorist 210, has anybody had problems getting it to connect right? I mean it is like the screw is too short and the threads do not grab??

Only had my 210 for a week, like it very much but hate that ^&%$#^ cord. Has to be one of the worst designs in a consumer product I've ever seen.

In the last couple of days I've decided to just leave it attached all the time. It's more trouble putting it on/taking it off than just carrying it around attached. Took it out today and the "long tail" wasn't much bother at all, really.

But to answer your question, I use the tip of one thumb to hold the connector in place and fingers from other hand to turn the screw.

HTH

Mike

Problem is that mine will not even grab when I screw it in. It is like the thread do not grab. I called it in an supposedly they are sending a new one, in the mean time I slowly drilled out the backside to make the scre sink in deeper. This worked for a day or so then popped out again and will not screw in again, have resorted to using a rubberband to hold it in..... :shocked:

...mine will not even grab when I screw it in... resorted to using a rubberband to hold it in
A neat solution, to be sure. But you might also consider a cradle (e.g., RAM mount). The cable attaches to the cradle and then when you click the GPS in the contats line up perfectly.

PLUS - if you are ever going to use the GPS in a vehicle (bike, car, etc), you'd want this cradle.