Relate Topic

timk54

Yesterday was our 8th wedding anniversary. We spent the day Geocaching. I carefully chose the first four caches that were more of an adventure. the last ones of the day were to be easier quick caches. The first cache of the day was located high on a rocky peak. The climb was hard but the view at the top was amazing. Finding the cache was fun. My wife lifted a rock and uncovered a snakes hiding place. It didn't want to play and so we left it alone and proceeded to find the cache.

The next cache was located near the entrance of a nudist camp. Need I say more.

The next cache was a 20 mile drive to a secluded area where an ancient maze was located. The maze is carved into a huge boulder and it is believed that it could date back to prehistoric man. No one knows for sure.

The cache was located farther up the boulder mountian. I mean boulders as big as a house and a steep climb.

The GPSr showed that we were close to the cache so the hunt began. I thought I spotted it between two granite boulders leaning against each other. Just befor I reached in to grab it I realized it was actually a rusty colored Clifornia Diamondback rattler. The snake had 6 or 7 rattles on the black tipped tail but it wasn't making a sound. I called the wife over to see the snake then we backed off and continued the hunt. I found the cache hidden well in the rocks. Almost hated to leave this spot the view was so special.

We found six caches in all yesterday and all were fun.

We had a nice steak dinner at the Outback then went home to relax. We both agreed that it was our best Anniversary yet.

Thanks to all of you who take the time to hide caches that are challanging and special.

timk54

How on earth can you claim to have been geocaching?? You weren't in a playground, a wal-mart parking lot, or a homeless camp!!!

:laughing:

Sounds like a great trip!

Now thats funny!

The truth is that the last cache of the day was supposed to be an easy one not far from where we live. It was near a freeway in trees and shrubs. I was supprised to find lots of trash bags of clothes, tent, sleeping bag,ect. ect. It was our sixth find of the day now we have 30.

We found six caches in all yesterday...

Sorry to hear your day was such a waste. You could have easily bagged 20-30 guardrail micros in that time.

Isn't that the truth Brian. There is a time and place for gaurd rail micros. I have recorded only 30 caches as found and one of them is a guard rail micro. I really enjoy the tough tests better. I have only recently been drawn into geocaching. I am learning alot about GPSr's, paperless caching, and laptop navigating. I have purchased a pair of LEKI trecking poles am learning to use them coreectly. I would really like to meet with some experienced local cachers who might be able to teach me the easiest way to use the navigational equipment. My trial and error method only goes so far.

Thanks to all of you who post and share your wisdom so willingly. We are hooked and will be around for a long time.