Mapping Compatability

I've got a project I'm working on. I'm trying to create a digital track of all the trails in the wilderness areas in Seminole County Florida. My patrol vehicle, ('06 Explorer), has Streets & Trips w/GPSr in it's in-car laptop, and by squeezing betwixt some trees, I was able to map out one large area by just enabling the track log and driving around. I've learned how to E-mail this particular track to my fellow deputies, so they can have access to the same data, for future SAR calls. No problems so far....

Unfortunately, my patrol car won't fit on the rest of the trails. Here's where the problem comes in. I've got a Garmin map60CSx with Mapsource, and access to a small dirtbike, so I can use my GPSr to create a track of the rest of the trails. What I can't seem to figure out is how to send the Mapsource track to Streets & Trips. I'm pretty much stuck with Streets & Trips, since it's the only mapping software the agency will buy. Another option, which I also can't figure out, would be to load my track directly from my GPSr to Streets & Trips. S&T blatently refuses to recognize my Garmin, and I'm not tech savy enough to figure out why.

Any ideas? Please limit your responses to monosylabic words, since I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. :D

Thanx!

Sean

Franson's GpsGate (http://franson.com/gpsgate/download.asp?platform=ppc) would create a virtual COM (serial) port. If you then connected your 60CSx to your computer with the USB cable that came with the 60CSx, GpsGate would allow you to see the 60CSx's current GPS position on a Street & Trips map. However (a major drawback), GpsGate would not allow you to transfer routes, tracks or waypoints between your 60CSx and S&T.

TracknDQ