Osgb

Hi all

I'm hoing that there will be a UK member hear who can help!

I am using the Magellan Explorist 210 and just want to be able to input PIO and or routes from my PC using OSGB not lat/long. I take points of a map and input b hand.

Does anybody know of any software that is this simple, I have tried the well recommended GSAK but unfortunatley it doesn't do OSGB.

I do have Fugawi digital OS maps but can't find a way of getting it to do it.

Cheers all

Hi all

I'm hoing that there will be a UK member hear who can help!

I am using the Magellan Explorist 210 and just want to be able to input PIO and or routes from my PC using OSGB not lat/long. I take points of a map and input b hand.

Does anybody know of any software that is this simple, I have tried the well recommended GSAK but unfortunatley it doesn't do OSGB.

I do have Fugawi digital OS maps but can't find a way of getting it to do it.

Cheers all

This is a shot in the dark, as I see nobody else has an ideas... Witha a Garmin unit, you can change the format in Map Source to OSGB and happily type in the numbers, and then send them to the receiver. Does Magellan have a similar program for running on your computer to upload way points, maps and routes?

That's all I can think of, hopefully another Magellan user will be able to help better.

Yehh I wish Magellan did a simple piece of software for just this - but no they don't (that I can find)

I used to use a third party software called 'Magellan Waypoint Editor' and it did exactly what it says on the tin.

Unfortunately, it only wirks wit the older units like the Tracker etc. The guy who mad the software did it as a project and no longer updates its abilities. As for me I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to programming software. This obviously is a little corner of the market that hasn't been taken yet !

Thanks for the help, I will just have to wait till someone clever enough makes one - maybe I'll email Magellan?

Cheers

Try this link for WW:

http://www.fabalou2dsl.clara.net/WW.htm

as posted by Chris n Maria in a recent thread (the author I beleive)

IIRC there was some problems with the old site, so its got a new home.

Thanks Barry - Thats the new site (I forgot to pay the bill on the old one!)

In answer to the original question I have an Explorest so I will see if I can get WW to generate the correct file format.

Chris

Hi Cobie

The issue is that I just want to take OSGB grid referances off a map and put them in my explorist 210 via the PC. I can do it manually on the GPS but it takes ages.

I've had a little scan of all the above mentioned software (will have a good play with them once I've finished working nights) and it looks like waypoint workbench is the only one I can input a waypoint as OSGB rather than lat/long.

It was mentioned that easygps should let me enter in OSGB format but so far I have failed even though I select OSGB in the settings - it still asks for lat/long. I'll have a search to make sure I have the latest version and read the help files?

Thanks everyone, I'll let you know what I find out.

Matt