Category Proposal: Frank Lloyd Wright Buildings

Ok I think it is high time this site got a list of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings compiled. Wikipedia Link be Here.

To Create a waymark:

Get the Coords

Take a picture

Get the name of the building

Get Date of completion

History of the project (including why it was built, who comissioned the work, what Wright was trying to do with it, etc.)

Special features.

To Log:

Up to the waymark owner... prefered to not require picture (since I don't have a digital camera and I am not the only one, however some buildings like the Gugenheim may be cool if you could take pictures of exhibits if that is allowed, or maybe other houses you could ask the person to take a picture of a non-photographed part of the building)

Possible Variables

Date of completion

History of project

Special Features

Cost of project

Checkbox for if the building has tours

If so, the hours of tours

I will join the group as an officer, so we would only need a leader and another officer to get this group off the ground if anyone is with me. If you want to be the leader of this group... create the group, open its enrollment and post a link in response.

Ok I think it is high time this site got a list of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings compiled. Wikipedia Link be Here.

To Create a waymark:

Get the Coords

Take a picture

Get the name of the building

Get Date of completion

History of the project (including why it was built, who comissioned the work, what Wright was trying to do with it, etc.)

Special features.

To Log:

Up to the waymark owner... prefered to not require picture (since I don't have a digital camera and I am not the only one, however some buildings like the Gugenheim may be cool if you could take pictures of exhibits if that is allowed, or maybe other houses you could ask the person to take a picture of a non-photographed part of the building)

Possible Variables

Date of completion

History of project

Special Features

Cost of project

Checkbox for if the building has tours

If so, the hours of tours

I will join the group as an officer, so we would only need a leader and another officer to get this group off the ground if anyone is with me. If you want to be the leader of this group... create the group, open its enrollment and post a link in response.

I actually created a group to lead the first day it was available. I just haven't gotten around to jotting my ideas down for logging requirements. I like what you have started so far though. Here's the linky.

Editing to add: I'm actually in the midst of setting up a Frank Lloyd Wright cache series using all 7 of his buildings/structures and 2 proposed buildings in the Buffalo area.

Edited by Rayman77

I actually created a group to lead the first day it was available. I just haven't gotten around to jotting my ideas down for logging requirements. I like what you have started so far though. Here's the linky.

Editing to add: I'm actually in the midst of setting up a Frank Lloyd Wright cache series using all 7 of his buildings/structures and 2 proposed buildings in the Buffalo area.

Figured you might have been interested in at least joining a group for this, glad to see you are also willing to lead it, this I think is a long over due category for Waymarking.com