Bluetooth Gps. How To Use My Ipaq Ti Go Geocaching?

I think this has to be possible but haven't het solved it. I have a holux slim bluetooth GPS that my IPAQ can connect to wirelessly. I want to use the GPA data to search for cahces but I haven't found a program that will put the waypoints onto my GPS monitoring page so I can get directional information to come up on the IPAQ. Is this possible. Is there a simple was to do this. Please shed some light for the Sundialman... :P

Can I also make the IPAQ behave like my etrex and tell me the distance and direction to a geocache without manually putting hte waypoints into the program?

Yes. The Cachenav plugin will allow you to do that. As you view the cache info you will notice an icon that looks like a compass needle. Once you have everything configured properly it should do what you want. :P

Thanks, I have cachemate and GSAK and can look up the wayopints on my IPAQ. Can I also make the IPAQ behave like my etrex and tell me the distance and direction to a geocache without manually putting hte waypoints into the program?

I'd recommend BeeLineGPS. It has great navigation (map and a compass) and also lets you view all the paperless information.

-al

:unsure:

I am grateful for the responses. I think I have fooound the solution in a program called GPS Tuner. It found the bluetooth GPS immediately and can crossreference the geocache coordinates from GPX viewer. I found a cache yesterday with it. The screen is better than on my etrex though traveling through poison ivy with my hands full requires more ballet training (note to self: get ballet training). I think I may get an antenna extension for the GPS receiver and then I can pack it away in my geocache kit when I am on the move. Thanks for the help.

Sundialman.

:D

I am grateful for the responses. I think I have fooound the solution in a program called GPS Tuner. It found the bluetooth GPS immediately and can crossreference the geocache coordinates from GPX viewer. I found a cache yesterday with it. The screen is better than on my etrex though traveling through poison ivy with my hands full requires more ballet training (note to self: get ballet training). I think I may get an antenna extension for the GPS receiver and then I can pack it away in my geocache kit when I am on the move.

I'd recommend NOT getting GPS Tuner. I did and regret it. It's a very nice program - polished and lets you create custom maps... the problem is you can not view the cache information with that tool. Having to switch between GPX Viewer and this program while on the hunt is a pain and caused my Pocket PC to lock up.

I've tried just about all of them and can honestly say BeeLine GPS is much better for this. I spent the $30 or so on GPS Tuner and now I never use it.

Go with the trial versions and get some caches under your belt with them before buying. Your mileage may vary, but for me when I'm out looking for a cache I want to quickly load the cache details if I need some help. BeeLine GPS does this best IMO.

-al