The Best Tb

Discovery Scout

What does everyone think of the Travel Bug Hotels? I have found that it seems like only the unique or best TBs get picked out of the hotel and then your average TB gets stuck there. It seems like you really have to think of neat TBs so that your TB is choosen over others when in a "hotel". I have a little mini cooper car TB that seems stuck in a motel. I guess he isn't good enough. :o

Lets only pick up the "ugly" TBs! :blink:

Eric

my site National Adventure

I take into account how often a cache is visited before placing a travel bug there. I have a cache that's easy to get to and is located in a beautiful park, but for some reason isn't visited often. If a TB sits there too long (3 weeks) I'll go and move it along. Just the other day I visited a TB hotel that was supposed to have about 5 TBs in it. I only found 1 there . . . some people have a problem of not logging them. :lol:

If you have one that gets stuck in the Memphis, TN/North Mississippi area let me know and I'll rescue it! B)

My current TB 2001 Mini Cooper is stuck at N 36° 19.343 W 087° 03.084 in Birdsong Travel Bug Bed & Breakfast. That is a good idea about looking for groups in the area to rescue it. It has not been there for too long but I still would like to see it move.

I put a TB I found in one of my own caches and someone took it and did not log it out. :lol: I feel bad that it is still showing up on my cache. When I find a TB I log it right away, I don't understand why others don't.

Eric

My Webpage

I put a TB I found in one of my own caches and someone took it and did not log it out. :ph34r: I feel bad that it is still showing up on my cache.

Eric

As the owner of the cache, surely you can log it out and report it missing with the owner

Discovery Scout could mark it as missing, but in the case it might be best to try to get it correctly logged by the person who picked it up. The pickup was recent, and by a fairly new but active caching team, so maybe either they just forgot to log it, or don't know how (they have never logged a TB yet, according to their profile page). Before marking it missing from the cache, maybe Discovey Scout could email teamsapper and ask them to log the bug pickup. They've never done it before, so they may need a little help with the process.

Arrg... I just checked their other cache logs for that day, to see if maybe they've already dropped the bug off, and they have other TB problems as well: They appear to have dropped off a TB in You're in the Army Now, and:

(1) in their cache log, they list the 6-digit tracking number;

(2) they didn't actually log the drop, they just wrote it in the log;

(3) the tracking number is not yet activated, so either

(3a) it's their own bug and they didn't know they had to activate it, or

(3b) it's someone else's bug and they didn't log the pickup or the drop and they got the activattion code wrong as well.

Someone needs to help them :ph34r:

edit: okay, I will be that "someone" -- I'll email them. Their profile page does say "Any help and suggestions would be greatfully appreciated," so I hope they won't take it as criticism or nagging.

Edited by the hermit crabs

We would be happy to help pass on any TB in the Minneapolis/St Paul area that get stuck! Just gives the perfect excuse to search out caches that aren't in our area which we're still working on! We recently picked up 3 travel bugs coming back from Louisville, KY and will be placing them in a local cache this week. We're actually planning on opening our own TB hotel and plan to help move on any TB's that don't move along on their own after a few weeks.

I do have a question that I will probably post elsewhere on the boards if I find a more appropriate place but I'm hoping someone will see this and be able to help me. We picked up a TB that has a white plastic credit card type/size card with the Owner, Release Date, Origin, and Goal on it as well as the TB #. There is a hole in it attaching it to it's TB and TB tag. Does anyone know how/where to get one of these printed? It is flat with simple black printing on it and is a sweet permanent way to keep the goal card in great shape with the travel bug. Any other suggestions for goal cards other than printing the sheet or printing and laminating? THANKS!

We recently picked up 3 travel bugs coming back from Louisville, KY and will be placing them in a local cache this week.

Hey EPMinnesota,

One of those, the Hurricache Bracelet, is our TB. We were excited to see that you picked it up to bring it all the way up to MN. If you get a chance, please upload a photo of something beautiful for us to see; we've always wanted to visit Minnesota! ;)

Sorry, I can't answer your question about the tag, but I'd be interested to find out where to get these, too.

Thanks! ;)

I was going to try that also, I was hoping they would do it but time is ticking. I have emailed people before who have hung on to my TBs for too long.

Eric

I put a TB I found in one of my own caches and someone took it and did not log it out. :P I feel bad that it is still showing up on my cache.

Eric

As the owner of the cache, surely you can log it out and report it missing with the owner

Discovery Scout could mark it as missing, but in the case it might be best to try to get it correctly logged by the person who picked it up. The pickup was recent, and by a fairly new but active caching team, so maybe either they just forgot to log it, or don't know how (they have never logged a TB yet, according to their profile page). Before marking it missing from the cache, maybe Discovey Scout could email teamsapper and ask them to log the bug pickup. They've never done it before, so they may need a little help with the process.

Arrg... I just checked their other cache logs for that day, to see if maybe they've already dropped the bug off, and they have other TB problems as well: They appear to have dropped off a TB in You're in the Army Now, and:

(1) in their cache log, they list the 6-digit tracking number;

(2) they didn't actually log the drop, they just wrote it in the log;

(3) the tracking number is not yet activated, so either

(3a) it's their own bug and they didn't know they had to activate it, or

(3b) it's someone else's bug and they didn't log the pickup or the drop and they got the activattion code wrong as well.

Someone needs to help them :P

edit: okay, I will be that "someone" -- I'll email them. Their profile page does say "Any help and suggestions would be greatfully appreciated," so I hope they won't take it as criticism or nagging.

We recently picked up 3 travel bugs coming back from Louisville, KY and will be placing them in a local cache this week.

Hey EPMinnesota,

One of those, the Hurricache Bracelet, is our TB. We were excited to see that you picked it up to bring it all the way up to MN. If you get a chance, please upload a photo of something beautiful for us to see; we've always wanted to visit Minnesota! ;)

Sorry, I can't answer your question about the tag, but I'd be interested to find out where to get these, too.

Thanks! We're working on finding something beautiful to take your bracelet's picture with...besides my darling daughter, of course! :P We will be out and about this weekend geocaching and will be taking pictures for the other 2 tb's we picked up as well! How do we post the pictures? Where do they get uploaded to? I'll keep reading to find out if not answered here. Thanks!

We're working on finding something beautiful to take your bracelet's picture with...besides my darling daughter, of course! :D We will be out and about this weekend geocaching and will be taking pictures for the other 2 tb's we picked up as well! How do we post the pictures? Where do they get uploaded to? I'll keep reading to find out if not answered here. Thanks!

Hey, your darling daughter can be in the photo!

To upload the pictures, go to the travel bug's page. You can write a note stating something about the photo and upload the photo with the note, or you can add the photo to the log entry you made when you picked up the bug.

Boo hoo, one of my TBs (my favorite), Kid Robot Scout, was just reported as missing an arm. Now I guess he won't be as popular. Damaged goods...

Not to worry -- Yellow Fellow is still moving around after having lost a leg somewhere, and Woody Loves His Freedom is still going strong after losing both of his arms (he still had one arm left when we found him a couple of years ago, but it has since broken off).

I think it gives them character :)

And that TB you mentioned a few posts up has now been logged out of your cache, btw. The finders just needed a little bit of help getting started :)

Boo hoo, one of my TBs (my favorite), Kid Robot Scout, was just reported as missing an arm. Now I guess he won't be as popular. Damaged goods...

Not to worry -- Yellow Fellow is still moving around after having lost a leg somewhere, and Woody Loves His Freedom is still going strong after losing both of his arms (he still had one arm left when we found him a couple of years ago, but it has since broken off).

I think it gives them character :)

And that TB you mentioned a few posts up has now been logged out of your cache, btw. The finders just needed a little bit of help getting started :P

I am glad they got it done right! :) I had another TB picked up not too long ago from one of my caches. I feel bad if a TB sits too long in one of my caches, especially if I put it there. Thanks for your help!