Warning - Page Has Expired

Sagefox

After a 30 minute search I give up. There are a lot of hits for the work "expired". I see that my question has been asked many times but I can't find the answer.

I'm doing a limited search for caches on a very long route with many possible variations in that route. So I'm following the gc.com maps and choosing one to three caches every 20 to 50 miles. This means going back and forth between the maps and the identify lists. Each time I hit the back button to go from the list to the map I get the warning message which requires chasing two different boxes to get the page refreshed.

Any solution to this?

Sorry, but I don't understand exactly what you are saying. The closest I can come to understanding it is that when you click the back button your machine doesn't have the memory to store the last page. My recommendation would be to use a browser like Firefox that uses tabbed browsing, or hold shift down and click on links to open new browser windows. It's more efficient to keep one browser open with the search results and open new browsers with additional pages (or tabs).

I'm not sure why memory would be an issue but if its RAM I will be adding more in a few weeks (from 512 megs to about triple that).

This problem only happens on the gc.com site and right now only when using the gc.com maps. I deleted cookies and temp files but that didn't help.

The shift/links feature did give me a temporary solution to the page-expired problem so thanks for that tip. I didn't know about that.

I have a feeling that you're getting a warning saying something along the lines of POSTDATA being involved and requiring the data to be resent to refresh the page.

If so I have seen it on other sites too and it's due to the fact that the page is being dynamically bulit based on the criteria you are sending to the database. This is not a permanent page and requires you to resend the data to refresh/rebulid it. The errors are asking if it's okay to do that.

To avoid it follow Jeremy's advice, especially the bit about Firefox. It copes much better than IE with that kind of browsing.

If the error doesn't involve POSTDATA then I am of course talking rubbish :laughing:

If you get the error again you should post a screenshot or the text of the error.

I have a feeling that you're getting a warning saying something along the lines of POSTDATA being involved and requiring the data to be resent to refresh the page.

If so I have seen it on other sites too and it's due to the fact that the page is being dynamically bulit based on the criteria you are sending to the database. This is not a permanent page and requires you to resend the data to refresh/rebulid it. The errors are asking if it's okay to do that.

To avoid it follow Jeremy's advice, especially the bit about Firefox. It copes much better than IE with that kind of browsing.

If the error doesn't involve POSTDATA then I am of course talking rubbish :laughing:

If you get the error again you should post a screenshot or the text of the error.

The Dino is correct. Do a google search for "page expired" and you will get long and technical explanations for the warning (it's not memory related, btw).

As suggested, tabbed browsing, via Firefox or other tab-enabled browsers is the way to go. I only use IE for the occasional Windows updates anymore.

Ed

TB^TB