Problem With Legend Cx

I went out geocaching for the first time ever today with an experienced geocaching friend. I used my new Legend Cx and he used an old Magellan Gold and Platinum. My Legend Cx was 30-35 feet off everytime (even though the error rate on the satellite page listed 6-8 feet). I would be 3 feet from the cache and it would say 35. My friend's Magellan would be within 5 feet everytime. While out, we stopped at a shop that closing out the Explorist 400 at a great price so I bought one. It was within a few feet the rest of the day.

Is my unit broken? Can someone help?

Thanks.

Are you routing "off road"? If you autoroute, it can force you to stay on the road. Also make sure you are using the correct datum (WGS-84).

I am definitely using the right datum. As to routing "off road," I tried several things while running around for 5 hours. I turned the lock on road off, I tried the "go to line" as both course and bearing, etc. I just found an option under "routing" entiteld guidance method. The options are off road, follow road and prompted. It was set at prompted. However, when I would have it route, I would always select off road. So, I think I am doing everything correctly, although I admit I am a green newbie.

Funny enough... I too went geocaching today for the first time with my new Garmin Legend C. I found the first cache without much incident however, the 2 I could not find later seemd kinda odd.

My unit would say I was within 0-4 ft but if I turned around (while on the same spot) it might say I was 26 feet away... I never did find any more items today. But I sure would like to know if I have made some error in settings orif my units is whakky.

Badger :laughing:

Funny enough... I too went geocaching today for the first time with my new Garmin Legend C. I found the first cache without much incident however, the 2 I could not find later seemd kinda odd.

My unit would say I was within 0-4 ft but if I turned around (while on the same spot) it might say I was 26 feet away... I never did find any more items today. But I sure would like to know if I have made some error in settings orif my units is whakky.

Badger :laughing:

I have found when that happens, you are generally right in the area you need to be. Mine would not go below 35 feet.

I, too, went geocaching with my new Legend CX yesterday. I owned a Quest II before and I think that the Quest II is more accurate than the Legend. I found a couple of caches and about 4 not-quite-ready-to-declare-DNFs. I do feel that a couple of instances, the Legend wasn't giving out accurate locations