Missing Trackables

sixgunklr

Has anyone else noticed the large number of trackables that are MIA from caches in Logan, Peru, Wabash, and Kokomo Indiana? It's getting a little disheartening. It seems now that even the Key without a Cache has been ganked from a the Lost your Marbles Cache. Many of us are hoping that someone is just collecting them for the upcoming spring picnic, but if you are get busy logging as such.

By my count there is a USA Geocoin, White Jeep TB, Yellow Jeep TB, and several other misc TB's missing from caches in this area.

Someone needs a beating.

Six

Six,

Coins have a very bad habit of coming up missing. I think in the time I have been caching I have only moved 2-3 USA coins and have never seen any other trackable coins. I agree with Buddaman about the Jeeps. I am sure the majority of them are parked on someone's desk somewhere. Tb's seem to go in to these wormholes never to be seen again. That is just a part of the game, a bad part. That is why I don't put any bugs out to travel. The one I did, some kid in NV. said his mom really liked it and wanted to keep it, zoooommmmmm... right to the wormhole.

Chris-Team Shydog

One minor gripe that I have is when a TB or coin is listed as being in a cache, several finders report that it is not in the cache, yet no action is taken on the part of the cache owner or TB owner to clear it from the cache's inventory. :bad: It's pretty much gotten to the point that I take TB/coin listings with a grain of salt.

I agree that it is sad that they go missing in the first place. I've had the worst trouble with geocoins (of six USAs that I've released, only one still is moving). I'm glad that the TB sheets allow for some warning, so I suppose that it could be worse.

One minor gripe that I have is when a TB or coin is listed as being in a cache, several finders report that it is not in the cache, yet no action is taken on the part of the cache owner or TB owner to clear it from the cache's inventory.

Is it the cache owners responsiblity to take care of it or the owner to mark it missing?

One minor gripe that I have is when a TB or coin is listed as being in a cache, several finders report that it is not in the cache, yet no action is taken on the part of the cache owner or TB owner to clear it from the cache's inventory.

Is it the cache owners responsiblity to take care of it or the owner to mark it missing?

IMHO, the responsibility lies with both. The only major difference is that the travel bug owner might not see that their travel bug is missing for a while unless someone directly informs them, whereas a cache owner gets reports from cache finders all the time. I do feel that a cache owner does need to represent his or her cache properly, and if a travel bug is clearly missing, it shouldn't be listed as being in the cache. I consider this a normal part of cache maintenance.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Has anyone else noticed the large number of trackables that are MIA from caches in Logan, Peru, Wabash, and Kokomo Indiana? It's getting a little disheartening. It seems now that even the Key without a Cache has been ganked from a the Lost your Marbles Cache. Many of us are hoping that someone is just collecting them for the upcoming spring picnic, but if you are get busy logging as such.

By my count there is a USA Geocoin, White Jeep TB, Yellow Jeep TB, and several other misc TB's missing from caches in this area.

Someone needs a beating.

Six

Key Without a Cache was not ganked. Probably just a late post. It's traveled to a number of caches since then. The latest activity:

4/23/06

Random Find retrieved Key without a Cache (Travel Bug Dog Tag) from Reservoir Dogs #1:Nick's Tree

Will place it within a week.

Edited by Earthdog Patrick