Public Playgrounds - Management Thread

This thread is intended to be a place for the Public Playground group to discuss items.

Hello Officers,

I believe you each should have the capability to approve waypoints. Please review the waypoints prior to approving them. In particular, several have been submitted without pictures.

I have been sending emails to the waymark submitter if they need to adjust any information or submit a picture prior to approval. If we can work it out, I still think this is a better way than just denying the waypoint if there is a problem.

If you see a waymark that needs more information and you send an email to the submitter, please add a message to this thread so everyone knows that you sent something. Hopefully, that will help us keep track so EVERYONE doesn't send a message out.

Suggestions for improvement are always welcome.

THANKS!

~J of TeamRJMK~

This thread is intended to be a place for the Public Playground group to discuss items.

If you see a waymark that needs more information and you send an email to the submitter, please add a message to this thread so everyone knows that you sent something. Hopefully, that will help us keep track so EVERYONE doesn't send a message out.

THANKS!

~J of TeamRJMK~

This would also pertain to other groups as well.

Yesterday I accidentaly approved 'Alphabet Playground' after perusing the submitted 'Waymark', thinking it could only be done by the 'Leader' and after a certain time lapse by any 'Officer'

If one person in the 'Group' thought it was OK to approve and others didn't who would send a letter stating that changes were required? Is it not possible that maybe one or all could get involved?

Should there not be a hierarchy in approval/rejection after the 'Leader'?

Has anyone heard from Maine Gnomes regarding a picture for "Blue Hill Town Park"? I noticed that it was approved and is now an active listing.

I tried to send an email over the weekend but believe it got eaten by the debugging fairy. I don't want to innundate anyone but haven't heard back from my previous message either.

Opinions? Do we let this one stand without a picture? Do we send another round of emails? Do we disapprove the waymark?

~J of TeamRJMK~

Has anyone heard from Maine Gnomes regarding a picture for "Blue Hill Town Park"? I noticed that it was approved and is now an active listing.

I tried to send an email over the weekend but believe it got eaten by the debugging fairy. I don't want to innundate anyone but haven't heard back from my previous message either.

Opinions? Do we let this one stand without a picture? Do we send another round of emails? Do we disapprove the waymark?

~J of TeamRJMK~

My page is saying it was approved by Jeremy on the 14th of April . Maybe this was because of the email problem as Jeremy is not an officer and he could have approved it, because we were receiving no emails telling us that there was one waiting to be approved. Since it does not meet the listed criteria, I recommend sending another polite email, as eamil seems to be working now; but I would send a second another email from gc.com ('look up a player' to be sure) In the emails I would give him a deadline to add the required photo. If he does not meet the deadline then I vote it is then declined, In these instances, I believe that everyone of the officers agree, if this is the way to proceed.

If playgrounds were previously approved, then they should be grandfathered in. Yes there may not be pictures, but that doesn't give us the right to delete them before we started to enforce the picture rule. Sure we can ask them to submit pics, but I do not agree with deleting those playgrounds without pictures.

From here on out, however, we need to enforce the picture requirement for new submissions.

If playgrounds were previously approved, then they should be grandfathered in. Yes there may not be pictures, but that doesn't give us the right to delete them before we started to enforce the picture rule. Sure we can ask them to submit pics, but I do not agree with deleting those playgrounds without pictures.

From here on out, however, we need to enforce the picture requirement for new submissions.

Respectfully Lord Elwood, This is the only waymark in the Category that should be grandfsthered in

"Harold H. Higashihara Park - Hawai'i ' Since that time we have been requiring Photos be submitted. This waymark "Blue Hill Town Park" we are discussing was approved during the email debacle thing, and emails back and forth to one another where not working, Team RJMK had attempted to ask us of our thoughts on this waymark before it was approved and then shortly thereafter Jeremy approved it before getting our emails. Now that it is approved, I strongly feel that our team leader should politely email them and give them a deadline to add the photograph, if they do not do this I vote to delete the waymark. furthermore, if the officers do not all agree I believe the majority should rule.

My edit post is not working, I need to add that this thread was started by our group leader on April 1 before this waymark was approved and we were holding to photo submissions required after that date, and this one we are discussing came in on the 14th of April, That is why I feel this one should not be grandfathered in.

Hello Team,

I sent Maine Gnomes another message through both the Waymarking and geocaching systems. I set the deadline as May 9 so there would be enough time (including two more weekends) to get out and take pictures.

J

-----------------

Hello Maine Gnomes,

Thank you for submitting "Blue Hill Town Park" to the Public Playgrounds category.

This category requires a picture for each waymark submission. Your waymark does not contain a picture and was approved in error.

Please add a picture to the waymark.

If you have difficulty obtaining or adding a picture, please send an email explaining the issue.

If you do not add a picture and we do not hear from you by May 9, we will decline your waymark.

Thank you,

~J of TeamRJMK~

(Please excuse the multiple emails, there have been problems with the email system and I am not sure which messages are going through properly.)

-------------------

Respectfully Lord Elwood, This is the only waymark in the Category that should be grandfsthered in

"Harold H. Higashihara Park - Hawai'i ' Since that time we have been requiring Photos be submitted. This waymark "Blue Hill Town Park" we are discussing was approved during the email debacle thing, and emails back and forth to one another where not working, Team RJMK had attempted to ask us of our thoughts on this waymark before it was approved and then shortly thereafter Jeremy approved it before getting our emails. Now that it is approved, I strongly feel that our team leader should politely email them and give them a deadline to add the photograph, if they do not do this I vote to delete the waymark. furthermore, if the officers do not all agree I believe the majority should rule.

Just wanted to add that I have been sending emails to submitters asking for pictures since this category was initially created - prior to group management. No waymarks have been allowed to stand without pictures - the Hawai'i waymark has pictures embedded within the waymark itself.

Both Jake39 and I sent emails (or attempted to send emails) to Maine Gnomes requesting a picture prior to the waymark being approved. (mine was sent on 4/14, jake39's on 4/15) I think the waymark was approved on 4/18 or so.

J