Software For Pocketpc Running Wm5

phox

I just recently purchased a Cingular 8125 running Windows Mobile 5.0. With my old smartphone, I converted my files to html using GSAK and viewed them that way, but I think there is a better way using PPC. I came across GPXSonar, but it says that its only compatible with ppc2003 and wm2003.

So, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for viewing caches on a WM5 device or PPC (what is the difference anyways?!) and the best software to do so.

Thanks for any ideas :unsure:

I'm running 3 different sets/types of programs on my Dell X51v with WM5. Yes, GPX Sonar runs fine. Cachemate for PPC and HTML also work well. I download GPX files via an SD card to Sonar and Cachemate. I leave another SD card loaded with HTML in the unit. Overkill, but I like some features of each for specific purposes.

As already stated GPX Sonar works great on WM5. I use it on my PPC.

You will have to create a folder yourself so that your field notes will be saved.

This is off the GPXSonar site:

Title:

WM 2005 Users - Please read this!

Body:

It appears that the installer of GpxSonar has a problem on Windows Mobile 2005: the \Config folder under the \GpxSonar folder doesn't get created. As a result, configuration changes and field notes aren't saved as they should be. The workaround for this is simply to manually create the \Config folder under the \GpxSonar folder. The next version of GpxSonar will fix this issue.

I have done this and have no problems with my field notes.

Edited by elgecko