Log Entry Doesnt Show I Hold Tb

Twolves

Last week i picked up TB TBH8YB (Sydney 2000 Coke), whose web page shows I have it.

However my inventory does NOT show I have it.

I dropped it off this morning at Conventional Reasoning in San Jose, BUT I CANT LOG THE DROP!!!

Whats up with this?

Thanks

Last week i picked up TB TBH8YB (Sydney 2000 Coke), whose web page shows I have it.

However my inventory does NOT show I have it.

I dropped it off this morning at Conventional Reasoning in San Jose, BUT I CANT LOG THE DROP!!!

Whats up with this?

Thanks

This happens a lot. Here's one of the recent threads about this issue.

If you wrote down the tracking number, you can try to log your pickup of the bug again (it may take several tries). Then you can log the drop into its new cache.

If you no longer have the tracking number, then you have a few options:

• email the owner and ask them for the tracking number, or
  • go back to the cache where you dropped it and record the tracking number, or
  • just post a note on the cache page and on the bug page explaining what happened, and ask the next person who picks it up to straighten it out.

Edited by the hermit crabs

This problem is occurring with me now as well. I have a bug that does not show in my inventory when I'm trying to drop it off. It does however show up when I go through “My Account Details”/”Travel Bugs”. This is a pain in the %*@. We've placed a TB and have traveled 1000 miles home. Now we cannot properly log the drop off. What will happen when the next cacher picks up the bug and tries to log it as a found? Is this issue being addressed? I’m not sure I want to try re-logging this bug a dozen times to get it to catch…..shouldn’t have to.

A concerned but happy member. <_<

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

This is what Jeremy said to do:

"What happens is the log entry occurs but the actual action of moving it doesn't. It should be in a transaction instead of two separate database queries, but it isn't. Call it lazy coder syndrome. I need to fix this.

The current "fix" is for the owner of the travel bug to log in and reset the location of the travel bug. Alternately you can re-log the grab to get it to work the second time."

If after all that you still have issues, post a note on the cache page about it, so finders will know what happened (if they've read before caching, and they'll find out if they read after) then send a note with the bug details and the cache details to contact at Groundspeak dot com and tell them the story, they can reset it for you.