Garmin Gpsmap 60cs Won't Turn On

McPato

I've had my Garmin GPSmap 60CS for 3 months and it's worked fine until today. Now it won't turn on or off unless it's connected to the external power cord in my car. If I turn it on with the power cord connected and then disconnect the power cord, it will stay on; but, it won't turn off until I plug in the power cord again (or take out the batteries, of course). Does any one have any ideas as to what's going on?

I don't know what is going on, but Garmin has great customer service.

I would call them, but I would also check the batteries you are using first.

I have had excellent results using the Energizer 2500 15-minute rechargeables.

When I used some off-brand batteries, my old Vista used to behave strangely at times.

I've had my Garmin GPSmap 60CS for 3 months and it's worked fine until today. Now it won't turn on or off unless it's connected to the external power cord in my car. If I turn it on with the power cord connected and then disconnect the power cord, it will stay on; but, it won't turn off until I plug in the power cord again (or take out the batteries, of course). Does any one have any ideas as to what's going on?

I know it might seem obvious, but did you check the batteries to see if they are in correctly? I have had that issue on mine when I realised the were in upside down...

Are the batteries snug, no wiggle room? I've read that some 60c units can have issues with this, where the batts are loose. If they don't get good constant contact, that can cause this. Shot in the dark at least! Good luck.

Randy

i had problems with my 60cx on/off button. I resolved it by removing the top rubber cover, this is done by gently pulling up and wiggling it with enough force to break the low strength adhesive bond. Next I put a small piece of rubber, use whatever works best for you, down on top of the on off switch, then put it all back together. This gave the rubber on/off piece a little extra reach. Don't go too big on your modification or the switch will become too responsive, only needs to be the size of a large grain of sand or so.

We have three 60csx, two from '05, and no issues. 

A relative has one, and the buttons need to be pushed with force to function.     Well, that's how it got that way.  ;) 

Most issues similar we've seen could have been prevented  by not crushing the buttons.

Used to phones, we felt maybe some thought that rubber cover would hinder them somehow.