Visiting Charlotte And Burlington Areas

Lumpy77

It really depends on what part of Charlotte you will be in. There are a lot in almost all of the parks in Charlotte. If you can tell us more definative area, I might be able to point out more specifics.

If your going to be in the Uptown Charlotte area, there are several in that area within walking distance, including a webcam. Plus, you'd get to see the city.

If you want company, email us and we might be able to join you on some hunts, the kids are on spring break that week.

Do a search from this waypoint: GCMAFB. It will pull up several caches that are in the same park. Mars, Cathy's Dash & Cache and possibly the new one there, are quick finds. Turtle Power is a nice multi that didn't take too long to do. Cat'N'Geo's Zoo-bu-fa-topia was near the end of Turtle Power. I would avoid Cathy's Desk, unless you got a lot of daylight left.

Hope that helps. As far as I can tell those will be the closests to you. Have fun.

I'll be in Charlotte tomorrow night the 16th. I'm staying at the Wyndham hotel on Yorkmont. Any easy close by caches? I would love to bag at least one while I'm in town.

El Diablo

Thanks for the help. I saw the new one and may try for it. I won't have much daylight time. Anyone want to come to the Wyndham for a beer let me know.

El Diablo

It really depends on what part of Charlotte you will be in. There are a lot in almost all of the parks in Charlotte. If you can tell us more definative area, I might be able to point out more specifics.

If your going to be in the Uptown Charlotte area, there are several in that area within walking distance, including a webcam. Plus, you'd get to see the city.

If you want company, email us and we might be able to join you on some hunts, the kids are on spring break that week.

I'll be near the Reames and I-77

This is actaully me.

This is actaully me.

I wasn't exactly sure where Reames Rd. was, but it looks like it is right in Uptown Charlotte. The webcam cache, GCBE94, is close by and if you do a seach of the nearest caches from that you'll see several more quick grab ones. The ones in the city are really in some neat parks. Hope that helps and have fun.

I am planning a trip to the Charlotte and Burlington Areas for the weekend of March 25th-28th. Are there any cool caches or must do's in the area. Thanks

You can spend the whole weekend in Cedarrock Park in Alamance County south of Burlington. There are dozens of caches in this park of all types-micros, traditional, multis, easy and hard, on a variety of terrains. I spent about six hours there last weekend and only saw 2-3 other people the whole time.