Gpsmaqp 76csx

If you will be walking around water that is flowing, a floating GPSr will float away downstream. If you are boating in deep water, a sinking GPSr will sink to the bottom. :anicute:

I guess it depends on what kind of water you will be using the unit around . . . and whether or not you learn use the lanyard . . . :anicute:

The 76CSx and 60CSx are functionally almost identical and both will float - the 76CSx is just a bit bulkier so it'll float with more of the case above water while the 60CSx will just have the antenna poking up. With either one I'd suggest using the lanyard so this capability won't be needed.

Try holding both and operating the buttons and get whichever one feels better to you.

Yes. I finally--after 5 years--upgraded my Etrex Vista to the 76Csx. I am blown away by the speed, accuracy, and it works inside my house, on the floor of my car, in deep woods. It always seems to pick up 8 satellites and accuracy has never been below 18 ft...yet. Works in places the Vista didnt even register. I gave it a week before packing up my Vista and sending it off to my little sister as a gift to get her started in geocaching.

Now I just can't figure out which road software to buy. I have the US TOPO series, but that's not great for urban caching. I have 2 choices for metro, and don;t understand the differences.

Oh yeah--battery life is awesome compared to the Etrex series. Buy it if you can fford it.