Who Is Geojihad

matt&amy

This jackass sent a ransom note for our travel bug, and apparently he has "kidnapped" 25 TB's in order to get himself a voice on some lame GC site called vigps.com. From what I can tell, he has lost some sort of contest due to another cacher's questionable tactics, and is taking it out on strangers. I'm sure things like this are fun for some people, but not for me. I would like any information leading to geojihad, I will return your hijacked TB's after a short stop at gj's house. Pity some cranky a** needs to try to ruin the fun for so many, let's try to work together to resolve this quickly. Thanks in advance!

Edited by matt&amy
on some lame GC site called vigps.com.

I would like any information leading to geojihad,

What Info would you like? All of his sock puppet names? His real Name? Address?

Lame site? That would be your opinion and your a newbie, therefore your opinion means nothing.

Have a nice day ;)

I'd like to confirm his street name begins with a G and not a C, yes, that would be good.

Sorry if the "lame" comment offended you - I didn't mean it, I was just mad. The vi group looks lika a lot of fun, actually, with the contests, etc - it's just a shame the rivalries build to such a level.

Has anyone else here recieved a ransom note? Anyone try to contact Mr. CM directly? I found him a bit unccoperative, so I'm going to see if the Duncan PD can stop by to get the TB's back. If anyone else has an item that was stolen, let me know and I can give you the Duncan PD contact info to add your item to the report - hopefully they'll just ask for the stuff back and he'll cough it up.

I'd like to confirm his street name begins with a G and not a C, yes, that would be good.

Sorry if the "lame" comment offended you - I didn't mean it, I was just mad. The vi group looks lika a lot of fun, actually, with the contests, etc - it's just a shame the rivalries build to such a level.

Has anyone else here recieved a ransom note? Anyone try to contact Mr. CM directly? I found him a bit unccoperative, so I'm going to see if the Duncan PD can stop by to get the TB's back. If anyone else has an item that was stolen, let me know and I can give you the Duncan PD contact info to add your item to the report - hopefully they'll just ask for the stuff back and he'll cough it up.

I'm sorry that your TB got ripped off, but unfortunately risking having a TB lost or stolen is a risk that ALL geocachers take. I don't know much about how Duncan PD operates, but being in the profession, I'd get a little urked responding to such a call. What's the crime? Once you place it in a container, out in a public place with the intent of having someone (maybe even a complete stranger) remove it from the container, I'd hessitate to even call this civil. It's just a sad part of the game. I think the cops have more important things to do than recover stolen TBs... Just my opinion...

If you would open a thread about people who take bugs without assisting them with thier goals AND it has nothing to do with said cacher, I would be happy to disscus it.

Ok, can do - can we simply discuss it in this thread, or should I start another?