New Website

Southeast Explorers

Hi all.

This is my first post here so I hope this is ok.

I wanted to point you to my new website http://www.southeastexplorers.com

Southeast Explorers

It is almost done and will have lot's of info about Hiking, Mountain Biking, Backpacking, Rockclimbing, AND GEOCACHING. We will be having mostly weekly updates in new adventures in the southeast US and beyond.

It's almost complete. We just have to add more content over the next few weeks and then we will have our official launch.

When we have our official Launch we will have monthly giveaways. From things such as free Mapcard subscriptions to free gps units.

If the spirit moves you please feel free to visit our site and even sign up for an account and post in the forums. We are trying to build a user base and we can use your help. You won't get any junk mail from us so please sign up.

Thanks to all who would help out. :laughing:

Anthony Collins

Southeast Explorers

I just joined. That site has potential. Hopefully, it picks up a solid core.

Thanks.

Check your email. You may have won something.

Glad to have you as a member.

I know the content is small right now but we've got lots planed over the next few months.

There are many people working on this including

Myself - An Environmental Technology/ Wildlife Management Student

and My Best Friend - A Geography Student at UGA

Thanks

Anthony

What is your territory

Well I live in a little town called Toccoa. In Northeast Ga. Our content will first be based around this area. About 100 miles or so around us but as the site grows and I get time to plan out longer trips We will be covering all of Southeast US and even some big adventures. It does not have to be just the Southeast but that is where most of the content will come from. After everything is setteled in (6 months or so). I'll ask other users of the site to submit articles and they will become admin's for the site.

Right now I am even looking at an REI Adventure trip out of the country and that will be a big event on the site.

Note. A lot of the content of the site will not just be articles on adventures but also reviews on services, products, and even tips and how to's on first aid and other things such as how to read maps and use a compass.

It'll be a whole community for people to meet and talk just like here but over a bigger range of topics. I'm even working on a store right now and we'll first start off by selling custom geocoins for the site. I'm thinking about doing a new on every season. So 4 times a year.

The biggest thing is it takes time because I have kind of limited funds and time right now but we are working hard to overcome these problems. Thats why some of the ads are on the site. They will bring in a little money to help it grow. Also we are looking for businesses in related areas to donate products in place of ad space. Were not here to make money but to provide as much content as we can with the money we do have.

Sorry I know thats more than you ask for.

Anthony

Southeast Explorers

I like how your site spans many outdoor activities. Geocachers seem to enjoy this stuff as well, and the people who aren't geocachers may see caching it on the site. On your site it's not all Geocaching, but a good mixture of everything outdoor. Once it gets settled and has more members, it will be a really cool place.

I like how your site spans many outdoor activities. Geocachers seem to enjoy this stuff as well, and the people who aren't geocachers may see caching it on the site. On your site it's not all Geocaching, but a good mixture of everything outdoor. Once it gets settled and has more members, it will be a really cool place.

Thanks. Thats what I hope for. I love to do everything from hiking to flying airplanes. I've done a lot and want to do it all and everyone at southeast explorers (theres only 3 of us :-) ) want to share this stuff with the rest of the world.

Anthony

Southeast Explorers

Wow. We've had 16 members sign up in the last few days. I'm happy with that. We hope to have 200+ by the end of march. Please tell your friends about us. Things are coming along great. Look for some major updates by the end of the weekend and expect lots of giveaways over the next month or so. When we have our Official official launch in March then we will have a big givaway. Not sure what it will be yet but it will be very nice. The more members we get the bigger the giveaways will be so tell your friends.

Don't go spam everyone but if you know of any other sites or message boards that would be interested in our site then please pass our link along. But do not spam. Only post in approved places with users that would be interested in what we offer.

Please remember and tell your friends. To view giveaway info you must be a registered member and logged in. It's the only way we can track who will win. Expect a new giveaway very soon. I'm working on it. I'm not just going to pick random winners so I have to come up with some kind of contest for all of you. Maybe a photo contest. Not real sure yet.

Thanks

Anthony Collins

Southeast Explorers