Last Minute Visit To Phoenix

LSUMonica

I will be traveling to Phoenix for a leisure weekend TOMORROW (had a free ticket on SW Airlines that I had to use this weekend) and am looking for suggestions of caches and things to do. I'll only have a day and a half and will have a rental car.

Any ideas?

Last time I was in the area (except for the airport) was back in 1991 in Scottsdale. Any great museums, vistor centers, that are must dos?

Thanks!

LSUMonica

Nashville, TN

15b67f67-c9df-4b8a-b683-311622afd765.jpg

I was in Phoenix last weekend and really enjoyed the caches along Bush Highway, east of Phoenix and north of Mesa. The oldest cache in Arizona, GC57, is located out this way. Desert caching was very unique for me and I really liked the diverse terrain. Sedona was also very pretty area. Sedona is located north of Phoenix off of I-17. Hope you have fun.

Deermark

Sellersburg, IN

Edited by Deermark

Just saw this post so sorry for the late response. The caches along Bush highway are great. Also the mountains south of the airport (South Mountain Park) is loaded with lots of caches. Some easy and some requiring a lot of hiking. Hope you enjoyed your time in Phoenix and the surrounding area. Let us know which caches you did and what was your funner ones.

Team Jet Blast

I haven't done any caches that far south in Phoenix although, there's a decent cache on the main campus of ASU. Can't think of the exact name but it was put up by Tsengi Mike and his girlfriend/wife? and it involves a museum of sorts.

I'd say more but I wouldn't want to spoil it for you should you decide to look for it.

Thanx for the posted info.

We are heading to Phoenix in 12 days.

We will do the Bush hwy caches.

We also plan to do the Apache trail.

Any suggestions for must do caches in the Tucson Nogales area?

,J-trek

Are you going to be anywhere near Tombstone or Sierra Vista? If so, I know of a few "must-do's"...

Yes we are going to Tombstone-Sierra Vista area.

I have checked out the caches there?

which caches do you recommend.

thanx for your imput.

Sorry for the delayed reply...

The cache that really stands out is this one: (Just read some of the logs to understand how high it should be on your priority list!) El Diablo's Treasure

Another good one is this: A Rock and a Hard Place You may want to bring a carrot to this one though.

I hope you have a great time!