Gps Card For A Laptop?

PastorDIC

I was thinking. Does anyone make an internal GPS card for laptops? That would simplify things when traveling when you are trying to plot a new area in the motel and already have 1000 waypoints in your handheld GPS.

Thanks for the help.

Why not just use your handheld? I presume you are connecting it anyway in order to download new waypoints.

Olar

I don't know enough about Bluetooth. Don't all Bluetooth devices require a subscription?

No, Bluetooth is just a wireless interface. So it can replace a USB or RS232 cable that might otherwise be needed to connect a GPS receiver to a computer.

But it's not clear to me what problem you're trying to solve. As Olar asked, why not just connect the handheld you already have?

I don't know enough about Bluetooth. Don't all Bluetooth devices require a subscription?

No, Bluetooth is just a wireless interface. So it can replace a USB or RS232 cable that might otherwise be needed to connect a GPS receiver to a computer.

But it's not clear to me what problem you're trying to solve. As Olar asked, why not just connect the handheld you already have?

If nothing else, my wife could look at the large screen and have keys instead of tiny buttons, and she might actually be able to act as a navagator without me having to either find a place to pull over, or

If nothing else, my wife could look at the large screen and have keys instead of tiny buttons, and she might actually be able to act as a navagator without me having to either find a place to pull over, or

So just connect your current handheld to your laptop with a USB or RS232 cable and run some appropriate software on the laptop.

Programs like DeLorme's StreetAtlas and MicroSoft Streets&Trips will work with almost all common handheld GPS models connected to your laptop. Depending on the type of handheld you have there may also be programs for that particular make.

So just connect your current handheld to your laptop with a USB or RS232 cable and run some appropriate software on the laptop.

Programs like DeLorme's StreetAtlas and MicroSoft Streets&Trips will work with almost all common handheld GPS models connected to your laptop. Depending on the type of handheld you have there may also be programs for that particular make.

I have a Garmin GPS MAP60C.