Legend C Antenna

jmaskdc

I got my Legend C just a few months ago, and I'm already looking for more power. Can anyone tell me what is the best external antenna for the Legend C? Is there one that plugs right into it's port, or do I need one that I hold against the GPS? Is there a noticable difference in performance? If someone has one for the legend C, please give me the model number so I can research it a little.

thanks for any input you can offer.

Jason

That's what it says in the manual on mine ... no ext. antenna.

By the way, would it make any difference as long as you had line of sight to the sky? I thought they were just for when using it in a car... ? Haven't really considered it since the only time I lose signal is when I put it in my pocket or I'm under a lot of trees.

My thought was when I'm in some of the heavier tree cover, it would help boost my signal. Hopefully increase accuracy in some instances, and keep me from loosing signal in others. But I guess it's not an option.

thanks...

Jason

After yu have found enough caches under tree cover you will learn were to look and the finding becomes easier. There are only so many places a cache can be placed on or in a tree. Now if it is a micro you are in for a bit of work. Don't worry about the antenna, just have find finding the cache. :mad:

By the way, would it make any difference as long as you had line of sight to the sky? I thought they were just for when using it in a car... ? Haven't really considered it since the only time I lose signal is when I put it in my pocket or I'm under a lot of trees.

I use an RAA-3 External amplifying antenna on my Lowrance for some caches, the units internal antenna does well under tree cover (Much better than my Garmin) but with the external antenna....leaves? trees? what are you talking about? You'd never know they were there.

I use an RAA-3 External amplifying antenna on my Lowrance for some caches, the units internal antenna does well under tree cover (Much better than my Garmin) but with the external antenna....leaves? trees? what are you talking about? You'd never know they were there.

Cool ... so it does make a difference. Too bad we can't use one on the Legend C. Maybe if we take a roll of foil and make some 'rabbit ears' ... :mad: