Watch A User?

Mesa Mike

edited...

Apples and oranges. Watching a general area with a camera is not the same as watching a player and their activity pattern. Some folks have already been harrassed without this feature being enabled. I can only imagine it will get worse if and when the feature is enabled and the opt out option is not provided.

The best place to ask about features or to suggest new ones is the Geocaching.com Forum. This is a frequent request. There won't likely ever be a "watchlist for people," but rather, the site developers are working on the concept of a "friends group." On an opt-in basis, people would be able to join a group and track each others' activity.

For the most recent discussion of this from last week, see this thread.

I have often wondered why it was not implmented up front. Contrary to previous comments, there are no related privacy issues since the information gives nothing that is not already available just makes it somewhat easier to track friends, etc. I haven't seen any talk of adding a credit card attribute.

From what I have read (see previous post for thread), it seems relatively close to being implemented. I'm looking forward to it.

edited...

Apples and oranges. Watching a general area with a camera is not the same as watching a player and their activity pattern. Some folks have already been harrassed without this feature being enabled. I can only imagine it will get worse if and when the feature is enabled and the opt out option is not provided.

That pic was a joke, I post it whenever someone starts talking about being watched. I totally agree with you. I think it may be a cool feature, ONLY if the player allows themselves to be watched, and had full access to the list of people watching them. I might even suggest that a user be able to ban someone from watching them if it ever a feature.