I have an idea for a new sub category. It would be in the Places\Business/commerce\restraunts

It would be called Diners, and be a place to include all the privately owned diners/eateries.

The description of them should state whether or not they are the old drive in type, where you have to park, get out of the car and order your food at a window, or if it is a the sit down inside type. Hours of operation of course should be included. If they have a speciality like a Mega Wafffle Cone, or a Jumble triple quadruple cheese burger, maybe even a 2 foot long hot dog, who knows.

Well, that's my idea for now.

I've ate at a couple of those pre-fab diners before, and they always seem to have the best food. I don't know if it's just the atmosphere, or the food really is that good, but I sure do like em. Actually, I bet it is that the food is just that good, most of those places are privately owned and they have to really make good food so people will come back, instead of just heating something up on a grill and throwing in a paper bag whether it's the right or wrong order like so many fast food places do.

I wouldn't mind seeing a category just for drive-ins, of all kinds, new or old. I realize there is a chain of them now (Sonic) but we don't have sonics around here, only their commercials. We only have a few random A&Ws that are still drive-in scattered around randomly but they are a drive, would not be surprised if there were some old mom and pop type places around too. Would be interesting to see where they all are.

We only have a few random A&Ws that are still drive-in scattered around randomly but they are a drive, would not be surprised if there were some old mom and pop type places around too. Would be interesting to see where they all are.

I'd like to see an A&W category by itself! I think that this would be a lot more interesting than the McDonald's category we already have. :lol:

Diners and Dinner Theater I think are a far different thing... however I do agree that Diner by themselves may be a bit broad as there are quite a few of these things still about...

And yes, I do think A&W would be more interesting than McDonald's... but I'm not a fan out of making a category out of a chain... I'm ok if it includes the chain, but I'm not ok if it excludes other places... Drive-in wouldn't include every A&W but it would get some at least.

I have an idea for a new sub category. It would be in the Places\Business/commerce\restraunts

It would be called Diners, and be a place to include all the privately owned diners/eateries.

The description of them should state whether or not they are the old drive in type, where you have to park, get out of the car and order your food at a window, or if it is a the sit down inside type. Hours of operation of course should be included. If they have a speciality like a Mega Wafffle Cone, or a Jumble triple quadruple cheese burger, maybe even a 2 foot long hot dog, who knows.

Great idea for a category! Personally I'd only consider a 'Diner' to be a relatively small, privately-owned Mom n Pop-type business. The kind with backless bar stools that spin around, waitresses who tend to call you 'Hon,' and lots of locals who come in every day for the Blue Plate Special.

There are still lots of these gems around, tucked into towns and cities everywhere. And they're always a must-stop place on our roadtrips.

Hope this category is included!

Great idea for a category! Personally I'd only consider a 'Diner' to be a relatively small, privately-owned Mom n Pop-type business. The kind with backless bar stools that spin around, waitresses who tend to call you 'Hon,' and lots of locals who come in every day for the Blue Plate Special.

There are still lots of these gems around, tucked into towns and cities everywhere. And they're always a must-stop place on our roadtrips.

I would like to recommend diners, restaurants, restaurants/pubs in the area I live and travel. And that includes international places. There should be a sub category for these, Local eateries.