Magellan Na M _marine-1.07

OK so I use a Meridian Platinum usually. I love it and thought it would be cool to have to color version so I bought it. When I boot it it tells me "NA M _Marine-1.07" at the bottom of the screen. Does that mean it has the marine base map on it?

Can I change that? What is the difference between Marine and Land? (Please don't jump at the chance to make this a stupid question :lol: ) I ask that because I use DirectRoute and I have noticed nothing different with the maps.

I'm also disappointed it does not have an electronic compass on it :wacko:

Any idea how I upload the basemap? I tried googleing this and I have not found anything yet.

I think there are instructions on basemap uploads in the FAQs in my sig line. However, if I were you I'd just leave it unless the bouys are bothering your. The marine basemap is the same as the land except for the extra marine information.

Yea good point.

I like do kinda like that marine stuff. And maybe I'll get a small boat this summer. I would name it CanCacheAlot and have a plethora of beer in the fridge and blonds on the bow. I could drive it everywhere if it were one of those amphibious boats. /dream

Anyway good point. As long as it's the same. :D