Paperless Caching

I'm new to the "art" of paperless caching.

I joined up as a premium member, downloaded "Plucker", "Spinner", "EasyGPS" and have been successful at getting the querries and cache pages downloaded to my used Palm V. I then download the waypoints from EASYGPS to my Magellan Color.

1) Is there an easier method do things or am I on the right track?

2) Would "Cachemate" and "GSAK" be easier and/or more efficient? It has been a wee bit mind boggling getting up to speed so far....

3) Is the Palm V with 2MB a good fit for Geocaching? Is it a newer or older model than M500? So far it seems to do the job. The price was right (FREE) and easy to read.

Thanks! I value your more experienced insight!

I used GSAK to CacheMate with my 8mb Handspring until deciding to go the PPC route. The 2mb is cutting it very close for any major area coverage, otherwise you are OK. The nice thing about GSAK is that you won't "outgrow" it, regardless of what your handheld or GPSr is. Incidentally, GSAK loaded 1500 caches into my Dell Axim X51v, via SD card, while I wrote this.

I use GSAK & Cachemate. Great combination. Other ways work as well (as above).

GSAK is not just for sorting caches, but I use that for doing the conversion to .pdb format for the palm / cachemate. I also convert in GSAK to the Magellan SD card format, and drop it right on the Magellan SD card via my card reader. WAY faster than serial or USB (~10 seconds for 500 caches). I also convert a file for Delorme 3D Topoquads map program format, generally so I can plan out a long-ish hike, etc.