Locked Bug

TheDiver

Hello,

Someone shutdown my travel bug and I was never contacted.  Not sure why any one would do that without contacting me.

Help!

TheDiver

What you have here is a virtual travel bug. It has traveled approximately 289252 miles. Travel bugs that do not go from cache to cache and are blatantly being used in a non travel bug manner have been locked when found. Having the word virtual in a travel bug is a good tip off to folks and admins that what they are looking at is illegal.

Adding a link to the travel bug in question Poo Poo on You Virtual TB?

Edited by 5¢
Hello,

Someone shutdown my travel bug and I was never contacted.  Not sure why any one would do that without contacting me.

Help!

TheDiver

What you have here is a virtual travel bug. It has traveled approximately 289252 miles. Travel bugs that do not go from cache to cache and are blatantly being used in a non travel bug manner have been locked when found. Having the word virtual in a travel bug is a good tip off to folks and admins that what they are looking at is illegal.

Adding a link to the travel bug in question Poo Poo on You Virtual TB?

Just a quick fix for the link to the TB in question:

Poo Poo on You Virtual TB?

...illegal.

I just love the "abuse" of that word in this forum. :ph34r:

Edited by MrCOgeo

When I turned it into a virtual, I had no idea it was illeagal. I just recently found out it was and was going to shut it down and move it to a graveyard. Is there any way to get it reactivated so i can move it to a graveyard?

I appoligize for the virtual, but honestly did not know they were a no no since there were so many out thre.

TheDiver

Is there any way to get it reactivated so i can move it to a graveyard?

Travel bug graveyards are no longer necessary, since the introduction of the "Mark Bug as Missing" option in December 2003. Using that feature, I took the liberty of moving your virtual bug to "an unknown location," so that it does not show as being in the cache where it was last dropped. This will eliminate any confusion on the part of visitors to that cache.