An Update On The Pushchair Attribute

A while ago, i posted a thread requesting a new 'pushchair friendly' attribute -

The idea being that the attribute could indicate to cachers if the terrain was suitable for taking children in pushchairs (buggies or strollers as some call them)

The response from fellow cachers (you know who you are!) was much appreciated and after a little discussion, the new attribute was added.

I hope that the new attribute (Stroller Friendly) will be used by cachers to show if pushchairs would manage or indeed not manage to cope with the terrain to cache locations.

Please dont get me wrong - i dont expect 'pushchair friendly' caches, its just good for those of us that have kids and pushchairs - to know if we should or shouldnt try for a find !

Even if only a few cache owners think about and use this attribute - that might just make a difference to those of us pushing wheels!

Thanks again to those who helped to get this attribute added! :D

And dont forget, you can always edit your attributes to include this icon!

I do have one (dumb?) question. If a single person is out caching with a stroller how close to the cache should a stroller be taken to consider it "stroller friendly"?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

In my opinion, if i can get the wheels to within 10 or 20 feet of the cache then the terrain is pushchair friendly.

If it involves crossing over stiles followed by a mile and a half walk up a muddy, rocky hill full of brambles - for example, then perhaps this might not be pushchair friendly!

i guess like with all attributes, its just a guidline, and hopefully cache owners will use their common sense when using it.

hope that helps!

I do have one (dumb?) question. If a single person is out caching with a stroller how close to the cache should a stroller be taken to consider it "stroller friendly"?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

In my opinion, if i can get the wheels to within 10 or 20 feet of the cache then the terrain is pushchair friendly.

If it involves crossing over stiles followed by a mile and a half walk up a muddy, rocky hill full of brambles - for example, then perhaps this might not be pushchair friendly!

i guess like with all attributes, its just a guidline, and hopefully cache owners will use their common sense when using it.

hope that helps!

Thanks. The 5m (or so) is a help.