New Geogame Idea

Zymurdoo

After finding most of the local caches in my area, I have come up with an idea for a new game.

First contact local cachers and define geographic boundries. Then pick a weather-proof object that will act as "the cache". Draw a random name who will then have 24 hours to place the object within the geographic boundry. After the object is placed, the other players have a defined amount of time, say 72 hours, to retrieve the cache and score a point.

If the object is not retrieved, the hider may then retrieve it for a point.

Other ideas include penalizing the hider if the object is placed outside the defined boundries.

Object must be "placed" by the hider. That is to say that the object may not be dropped over a cliff but if the hider repells down a cliff face and physically places the cache that would be permitted.

I am looking for feedback and other ideas,

Rick AKA: Zymurdoo

Edited by Zymurdoo

It wouldn't work on gc.com because it's a moving cache. Maybe if you made it a travelbug and you have to get a certain number of points to receive coordinates for a puzzle cache.

You could hide the travelbug like it was a cache, and just have whoever logs it put new coordinates in instead of dropping it in a cache.