I Hate To Admit It But I Need Help

Having tried, and tried and tried... I'm in need of help!!

I have a nice bluetooth IPAQ, got hold of a copy of Tom Tom, bought a bluetooth GPS and I'm all ready to go paperless...

However... I just don't seem to be able mastering the art of getting stuff onto the IPAQ SD Card... well... I got Tom Tom onto the SD Card, but don't seem to be able to run it on the IPAQ.

Can anyone help??

(before I throw it all out of the window!!)

Hi,

I presume you have the installation CD's for Tom Tom and installed it via the PC, or did you copy someone's SD card ?

If so, then it may explain the reason why nothings running, the maps etc are installed onto the SD card, but essential parts of Tom Tom navigator program are installed on the PDA's internal memory during installation, rather than the SD card - this may explain why nothings working.

If you have the disks, have you installed the main Tom Tom application, rather than just a map?

If possible, give me a little more information regarding how you're installing Tom Tom and I try my best to help.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

I have a disc which has it all on it...

I copied the disc from my PC and sent it via my sync cable to the "My Docs" folder I created on teh SD Card in the IPAQ.

The SD Card is brand new and is 512mb, so pleny big enough.

It is the 1st thing I've tried to do on the IPAQ, and I'm just so frustrated!

You have active sync installed on the pc right?

Delete the files you have copied onto the SD card, you don't install Pocket PC apps that way.

Now put the iPAQ in the cradle, then run the CD from the PC, it should sort the rest out for you. It will ask you where you want to install the application, choose SD card and Bob's your uncle, it should install the application for you. You may have to install the maps separately to the application, my copy of tomtom has the option to do either installation depending on what you want to do.

Edited by Cryptik Souls Crew
Thanks Cryptics... now can you tell me how to wipe the syuff off the SD card???

With the iPAQ still in the cradle, open My Computer, then open Mobile Device and navigate to the SD card, select everything and right click, then choose delete.

yeah - tried that - says some are write only and that I cannot delete them!!!