Configure Multiple "home" Locations

JustAnotherGeek

Would it be possible to configure multiple "Home" locations from within the GeoCaching website. I live in Mobile, AL and have family and friends up in Gadsden. When I am at home I want the site to show me a list of "nearest" caches to where I am. When I'm up visiting friends I want to be able to do the same thing...but don't want to have to enter the LatLon every time for my parent's house or my friends' houses. I would like to be able to just select it on the website and say "I am here".

Is this a possibility?

While it would be a cool feature to have, I do want to note that when you first go into geocaching.com (i.e. before you log in), it does give you the option to search by zip code, so you can always just log in the zip code of your new location, usually, that's close enough to "home base".

While it would be a cool feature to have, I do want to note that when you first go into geocaching.com (i.e. before you log in), it does give you the option to search by zip code, so you can always just log in the zip code of your new location, usually, that's close enough to "home base".

In some cases, but not all. It all depends on the size of the area served by the zip code.

A densely populated zip code can be pretty small and that would likely serve quite well. In fact, some zip codes apply to a single buidling.

On the other hand, a zip in a less populated area may cover quite a large piece of real estate and the alternate home coords would be far more effective.

Would it be possible to configure multiple "Home" locations from within the GeoCaching website. I live in Mobile, AL and have family and friends up in Gadsden. When I am at home I want the site to show me a list of "nearest" caches to where I am. When I'm up visiting friends I want to be able to do the same thing...but don't want to have to enter the LatLon every time for my parent's house or my friends' houses. I would like to be able to just select it on the website and say "I am here".

Is this a possibility?

Since you are a premium member, if you have a PQ set up for Gadsden, use the preview of the PQ to get the nearest. I do this when I go to my sisters or to my parents in New Brunswick, it will be a nice feature when added but the PQ work around does the job for me right now.