Extremes Of Geocaching

Hi,

I havent tried cacheing in such cold conditions but I have found a cache in the snow and it was fun looking for it.

Some years ago I was in Paris and it was -14 and it was so cold that I even had to cover my nose up and just had mu eyes popping out, you may have trouble with general movement its very difficult to walk properly, also the cold takes your breath away.

One hint though dont go licking any lamp posts lol.

I wish we could have some snow like that picture of Deegos.

Happy Caching in Germany.

Yorkypuddingxx

Get out there and get some caching done. Whats the worst that'll happen?....a bit of frostbite? :unsure::unsure::D

Coldest cache I've done was Monk's Dale last November. It was a cold day throughout but when I got there just after 4pm the ground was still frozen solid (good job else it would have been the muddiest cache I'd ever done :D:D ).

da1c100c-cca4-4fc2-9417-9aa99920678b.jpg

Sorry the pics a bit dark but it was taken after 4pm B)

Up to now, the muddiest cache I've done is Jack O'Legs, which involved a trek across a very muddy ploughed field. By the time I'd gone across it my feet must have weighed a couple of stone each! :):D

Edited by Nediam

ben-nevis3.jpg

Highest is easy - 4,406ft up Ben Nevis last June. Although there was still snow at the top the actual climb was very pleasant. Not too hot and not too cold.

underground.jpg

Lowest - Half a mile underground (not vertically!) doing Alpha Quest-Y.

Coldest - I have cached in the snow a few times but missed a great opportunity when I was in Norway in December 2003 to January 2004. I had my GPS but had failed to bring any cache pages with me - Doh!

Hottest - I've done a couple of caches in 30 degree + conditions in the UK, but can't recall anything particular. Possibly due to sunstroke :unsure:

Wettest - Although I wasn't out for the whole walk, my original Ridgeway Run - Big Event was darn damp.

Edited by Simply Paul
Wettest - Although I wasn't out for the whole walk, my original Ridgeway Run - Big Event was darn damp.

--

most of my caches have been very easy in good weather however I agree with Sp my wettest was on the same day as his event - the Essex Summer cache Meet the day was ment to be a picknic but ended up in a tent in my garden

very very wet right up until the event finnished then blue skies

Edited by *bingoboy*

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a darn" - Was suggested as an alternative line in Gone With The Wind as when it was filmed (1938?) dam'n was felt to be dangerously offensive. In the end, the line was filmed as it was in the script, and Hollywood got its own way.

Now, pictures. See the grey button up there marked IMG. Click it, put in the URL (full web address) of the image you want on the screen and hit return. Job done. Note, you can't add a photo straight from your PC, it does need to be online already. If in doubt, upload the picture to the log, click on the link to get the address, cut-and-paste it here and Bob's your uncle :)