Visiting Kingston Ont - Winter Capable Caches

Team Canuck

Hi,

I am travelling to Kingston on two separate trips this week and next. I was planning on getting some caching in after my conferences. I am staying downtown on the waterfront. Can anyone confirm some caches in the area that are are winter capable and those which are night capable. I will have a rental car and my GPS auto routes so I should be OK for getting around. Any advise would be appreciated. Cheers

Jeff

Too easy. Go to the Kingston Area Geocachers website and look for the "Local Caches" area and click on "Interactive Map". There you will find a map, and you can chack out the caches by list by choosing "Cache Listings" in the same section.

All close to downtown.

- GCP6YH Here Wolfie!!

- GCRXGH Row, Row, Row your Boat

- GCNCC7 Century Sentry

- GCGBKJ A World Apart

- GCJN20 By The Left......Quick MARCH!

Queen Of The Lake is a bit tough, but doable, as long as the snow isn't too deep.

From there I could suggest anything along the Lake Ontario waterfront and on the river front along Hwy 15.

Drop me an email if you want further advice or suggestions.

Binrat

Edited by Binrat

A new cache popped up recently, Remotely Interesting. Looks a bit tough, but if you look at a Kingston map you should be ok and be able to spot the locations.

If you require internet service and a computer, there is a library just up Johnston Street and all other branches in the city have access for tourists.

Binrat

Edited by Binrat

Thanks for the info. I managed to get a couple done in the area. I have been having a heck of a time with Hey Wolfie! I went there every night after my conference and had a look around. I must be missing something. Short of leaving over the edge, I must not be looking in the right area. Hopefully it is not on or near the electrical box or junction box.

Anyway, I am back in March for a week. I will try to get some more done. Did manage to get three travel bugs into Edmonton from Kingston...

Thanks

Jeff