Anyone Know What This Is About

a few moments ago I got an email from KeenPeople.com saying

" Greeeting The Northumbrian from KeenPeople.com You last updated your stats on 06-17-04 or 578 days ago.

this notification is to let you know that your stats will be expiring within the next 30 days and removal from the statistics on keenpeople.com.you can prevent this by updating your stats on www.keenpeople.com simply log into your account and updating your stats from user menu.

So what's this about. I have never heard of them

any one else had one of these emails. or heard of them

.Normally I delete all spam, But , where could it be coming from

Nige :)

edit spelling

Edited by The Northumbrian

have you looked at the web site? It's the Geocaching stats site that used to publish your stats if you signed up with them. I signed up with them but never bothered to keep the stats up to date. I've not had an email.

There is a section on their home page about them clearing down the stats.

Hang on - just checked out www.keenpeople.com "an open community of GPS users, hikers, geocachers, outdoors enthusiasts and friends." Maybe you registered with them aeons ago then discovered GC?

Beat me to it Stuey!

No , never heard of them, I only use (The Northumbrian) for geocaching .com. GCUK AND JEREMY P's trig point site .and I'v been with geocaching.com sinse geocaching started in the UK back in 2001. and never been part of any stats thing. I was going to put the address from the email on my post, but thought it might come out as a hyperlink and didn't want to do that for the sake of other forum users in case it it was something dodgy.

Nige

Nige, I use them to keep a tally of the page views on my caches (very handy site that I can highly recommend). I also use their ratings system on my cache pages and done since the year dot.

I've don't know how they got your details but I'm sure there is no scam. I would just ignore the email if you're not interested.

Nige, we've been registered with keenpeople.com for some time and have never had an email from them ... come to think of it we've never even added any stats to it. The only reason we used them was to create a neat little GC:UK stylee map of caches we'd found in the US so I'm suprised our account still works, would have thought we'd have been kicked off ages ago!