Travel Bug Distance Units

Geotrekr

Since this is featured almost everywhere else on the geocaching.com site, I found it surprising that it is not available on the travel bug page; that is, changing the distances from miles to kilometres. It'd make things a little easier on the Canucks out here (and perhaps the Europeans)...

That option only changes some occurrences of the Imperial System. It doesn't change the "mileage" of TBs, for example.

The problem is that TB-pages are created as a whole, including the distance in miles, so the settings do not affect this.

I'm quite sure I read that this is something which is going to be repaired in the near future.

That option only changes some occurrences of the Imperial System. It doesn't change the "mileage" of TBs, for example.

The problem is that TB-pages are created as a whole, including the distance in miles, so the settings do not affect this.

I'm quite sure I read that this is something which is going to be repaired in the near future.

Okay, it was worth a try.

or display the units in standard (=metric!) units.

Hi

You might find that point being debated <_<

Andrew

The metric system has been legal to use in commerce in the United States since 1866. The United States was one of the original signers of the Treaty of the Meter in 1875 and has always supported international standards. In the United States standard lengths and weights have been set in terms of the metric system since 1893 when the foot was set at exactly 0.3048 meters and the pound was set at exactly 453.59237 grams. The United States is a metric country, we just like to measure things in 0.3048 meters :blink: