Easy Gps

I just installed Easy Gps 2.0. My previous version was 1.3.7. In 1.3.7 the screen would load a gpx or loc file in a table type format with options on how to arrange the waypoints, by name, distance to active point and so on. But 2.0 opens up the waypoints in a map style format. Can this view be toggled back to the table style view?

Thanks

SC,

I've just downloaded this and it looks like the map is kind of a "preview".

You still should have the "table" look in the left frame. You can make the map portion smaller by putting your cursor on the line between the two sides and dragging it to the right. That should expose all of the other waypoint info. in a more familiar presentation.

I'm still checking it out, let me know what else you find. Cool!

If anyone finds out if we can insert a map in that section to overlay the waypoints on, please let me know.

So far, it looks like it gets *all* of that data from the GPS which means if your GPS doesn't have the ability to keep maps, then you get a bunch of waypoints on a blank space. Relative.

Thanks.

-Ed-

Someone else noticed this new "feature" of V2.0 of EasyGPS and previously asked about it in the forums. Unfortunately, forum search is not working. As I recall, someone from Topografix replied that the table version is now only available in ExpertGPS. So, I will be staying with the older version thank you very much. Actually, I am using GSAK for my database on my desktop. I still have the older version of EasyGPS on my laptop.

I just saw a post in another topic saying EasyGPS is now at 2.0.1, as of Jan 11 (today). I just downloaded and installed it. The list of waypoints is back, in a pane on the left side of the window.

Those who downloaded 2.0 just a few days ago and aren't happy with the loss of the table view should get 2.0.1. Thanks topografix, for adding the table back in. It's nice to see GPS software developers like topografix, ClydeE (GSAK), and robertlipe (GPSBabel) hanging out in the forums and making improvements based on what they hear from the users.

You guys are fast...

EasyGPS 2.0 introduced a new "GPS plot" view that showed your data over a white background. Lots of you asked for the waypoint list back.

Today, Jan 11, I released EasyGPS 2.0.1, which has a split screen. The waypoint list is on the left. The plot of your GPS data is on the right. I hope you find this to be "the best of both worlds".

The help file still refers to the GPS plot view only. The Web site still has screenshots from EasyGPS 1.3.7. I'll be updating all of this soon, but I wanted to get 2.0.1 released so you could get back to caching.

Download the latest version of EasyGPS (2.0.1, Jan 11, 2006)

If anyone finds out if we can insert a map in that section to overlay the waypoints on, please let me know.

So far, it looks like it gets *all* of that data from the GPS which means if your GPS doesn't have the ability to keep maps, then you get a bunch of waypoints on a blank space. Relative.

Thanks.

-Ed-

The GPS plot on the right side of the EasyGPS window shows all of your waypoints, routes, and tracks over a white background. EasyGPS cannot display the maps in your mapping GPS (only MapSource or MapSend can do that). If you would like to see your GPS data plotted over topo maps, aerial photos, or your own scanned paper trail maps, you can do this and much more with ExpertGPS. ExpertGPS costs $59.95, and you can try all of the features free for 30 days.

ExpertGPS is on sale for $49.95 for the remainder of the week. The ExpertGPS holiday sale ends January 17th.

Before I saw this topic I just happened to be looking for that map feature and found the Expet GPS software.

They have a free 31 day demo and so far it's pretty danged cool! I may consider picking up a copy. Best part is the license allows you to put in on multiple machines (from what I can tell) so I can have a copy for home and a copy for the laptop.

ExpertGPS can automatically retrieve topo maps and aerial photos over your Internet connection for locations in the US. Outside the US, you can use the Scanned Maps feature to display digital charts or scanned paper maps in .jpg, .tif, .bmp, or .png format. If your digital charts came with calibration data for OziExplorer (a .map file) ExpertGPS can automatically calibrate them. I haven't added support for Fugawi calibration files yet, but you can calibrate them by hand if they are in an image file format (listed above). Some copywrited maps are in proprietary formats, and can only be used with the software that came with them.

I've been using EasyGPS for quite a while because I was able to create a route, add my waypoints to it and download the route to my GPS.

Each of my routes was a nearby city.

I updated to v2 and found there was no list view, so I updated to v2.01 and was not able to create routes as I had done in the past.

And so I decided to uninstall the new versions and go back to v1.37.

But now v1.37 is not working correctly. It won't create routes anymore.

Is there any way to get v1.37 working again?