Triangulation?`

TeamBix

One of the caches I'm working on is a multi staged cache. I've found 4 of 5 caches. The next to last cache tells me to use triangulation and dead reckoning to find the spot of the final container. Each container contained the coordinates for the next container in the series (& no...I didn't write them down). It's not a problem for me to retrace my steps and mark a waypoint for the first 4 containers, but I have no clue on how to triangulate from that point on. Might be easy, but my brain is malfunctioning for the moment and I'm drawing a blank. Location is in a park packed with trees/brush - so you can't view any of the containers from each other.

I have a Garmin GPSMAP60C. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

From the question and cache logs, I rather suspect it's the Captain Thomas Smith's series:

GCP1JG

GCP1ZZ

GCP200

Although the descriptions mention the need for dead-reckoning and triangulation, I didn't see any more specific info on the cache pages - sounds like the details may be contained in the various stages of the series.

TeamBix: is there a way to discuss what you've found so far, without giving away any spoiler info? (I.e., without mentioning the actual clues/words/phrase, without real coordinates, etc?) Also, consider emailing the cache owner for a hint - sometimes they're willing to give folks a nudge in the right direction.

Correct on the Captain Thomas Smith caches.

Starting from the first, each cache held the lat/long of the next piece to find. 5 total parts to find. I found the first 4. All the caches were spread in a rough arc appox. 600-900 feet apart along the trail. I'm going to make a return trip this week to waypoint all first 4 locations.

But once I have those first 4 lats/longs, what then??? The last one I found (4 of 5) tells me to triangulate the first 4 locations to find the final part.

I'll email the cache owner for a little nudge also.

Could be wrong, but throwin it out there. The cache log states to have a map of the park. Plot the first 4 caches on the map, draw a line from #1 to #3 and a line from #2 to #4, where these lines intersect is the spot for cache #5. Dead Reckoning is a term used when there is no clear line of site between 2 points, and you have to stand somewhere in the middle and triangulate between them. Def. going to follow this thread, please post your results.