Speedtrap

Lighteye

Ok...my first hunt....first cache site...I believe I am within 25 feet or so. Cache site is beside a rural 2 lane road, and I happen to be beside my vehicle holding up my GPS as the locals go speeding by. Well, they WERE speeding until they noticed me there holding up my GPS unit. INSTANT application of brakes, and very concerned looks. This was at some distance, and I believe they thought I was John Q Law performing a little speed enforcement. It happened a half dozen times, and all I could do was laugh. I didn't find the cache, but I did manage to locate half of the hitchhikers in Hillsborough County and gave them a ride in my hair. That, and the fake "speed trap" reactions. Priceless. :unsure:

September 3, 2005 by FAST94GT

Good hide here. Many people driving by thought I was taking radar . It was fun to watch them get scared and slow way down.

10/25/2005 by Isonzo Karst

Like Fast94GT, my roadside presence tended to slow traffic. Just as well, it's supposed to slow for the signal. Thanks for another hide along the way.

When I was hunting cache EGP05, I was holding my GPS higher and then an old man came towards me and said: "Don't make a picture of me!" He thought that was mobilephone (real: GPS). He was upset because there was police about 60m/20feets from that cache. So, the old people dodn't know about GPSr and then I had to told him about geocaching...