Lack Of Interaction Among Members

:lol:

I'd like to be involved in Waymarking but I'm having trouble making it excite me. Is it possible that a giant travelogue is being built here? Why wouldn't I just consult my copy of "Lonely Planet"?

I thought geocaching was all about collecting thoughts and inventions presented by other members? Each time someone finds a cache I've hidden or works through a Virtual puzzle I've set or zaps a locationless I've contrived, I get the email that makes it all stick together. The doer gets the thrill of accomplishing the challenge and may learn things they didn't know before. I don't see this happening in Waymarking. Am I wrong?

For the record, I think some twist needs to be added to Waymarking that will allow "collection" of the items posted.

Discouraged Dave!

Stick with it, things like that are sure to come.

I would say that owning a category or a waymark is akin to owning a cache.

When category ownership is opened up, you will find that you get the email if someone submits a waymark in your category, or if someone visits a waymark you have submitted. You can then see the log, and share in that persons viewpoint.

At present it is slow as Waymarking is finding its feet, but I can envisage some very imaginative categories being created which will educate and stimulate, as well as providing a giant travelogue.