Gsak Query - Am A Bit Of A Technophobe :(

Merry Xmas All!

Have got my GSAK and PQ's running perfectly and am dead chuffed to seee it updating regularly as clockwork. HOWEVER there is something I don't understand:

My PQs are set to download the entire cache base every week (two reasons - easier and we never know where we shall end up at weekends, don't really want to get into the 'is it necessary' argument here)

but I have noticed that on some of the caches some of the GSAK info has not updated and this is over a varying period between October and mid-December. It seems to be something to do with the 'LAST GPX' dates

I hope this gibberish makes sense and maybe somebody can enlighten me .... please?????

Claire

Archived caches never reach your PQ files, so what you need to do is using the GSAK filter set the date of last GPX update to the previous week and see which ones have not been updated, then check each one and mare if it is archived by pressing F3. to start with you'll have loads but on subsequent weeks less will then appear

Edited by Moote
Archived caches never reach your PQ files, so what you need to do is using the GSAK filter set the date of last GPX update to the previous week and see which ones have not been updated, then check each one and mare if it is archived by pressing F3. to start with you'll have loads but on subsequent weeks less will then appear

I'd just set GSAK to filter on the the 'last GPX update' = "your last GPX update" file, no need to worry whether it was the previous week or not - only you know when the dB was last updated, you do know when it was don't you?

While at times GSAK can indeed be a 'mare' I would recommend filtering as above and then going to the relevant cache page (using the GSAK split screen facility) and download the appropriate GPX file for each and every cache that appears in your 'not updated since' filter. Do this for each one showing in the filter and then load the lot into GSAK. You should find everything is then hunky dory.

I would recommend you carry out this procedure fairly regularly - there was a day last week when our moderators 'archived' 60+ 'temp archived' caches ;) . It does take a bit of time to update things when this happens :D .

Edit: ... and as previously stated GSAK will indeed 'unarchive' a cache when appropriate - just like our excellent moderators :)

Edited by Motley Crew