Etrex Legend ?

Rick618

I have received an Etrex Legend, it came from Target that has a carrying case and no cables. Seems like its about $179.

A sporting goods store, Dick's has a bundle that includes the E-Trex® Legend, a PC data cable and power cable, a training video, a carrying case, a vehicle mount, and MapSource® US TOPO software package software. All this for $229 and there is a $30 mir, so it drops to $199.

Seems to me that its a better deal to go with the bundle if nothing else it comes with the data cables.

<link removed by moderator>

Are there better deals out there or is that a good bang for the buck??

Rick

Edited by Hemlock

I bought the package deal and love it. It does come with a pc cable, however it is serial, not usb. My new computer only has usb, so I had to buy a serial/usb adapter cable from Wal-Mart for around $20.00 which was no big deal. Everything works great, just update MapSource when you install it.

The Target package hasn't been opened period. I'm reading the contents per the box and it lists the gpsr, a carrying case, an instructional cd, a wrist strap, and owners manual. Both the 12v and pc interface cable are listed under a list of 10 optional accesories.

Thanks for the help.