Explorist 210

Just turned in my defective Meriplat for a Explorist 210. My concern is about the accuracy, when I have 10 to 11 and 1 W sat's locked, it still shows accuracy between 16 and 20 feet. Is this normal? Should it get better than this? Has any one with a 210 seen accuracy better than this? I have tried all day and thats the best accuracy it showed, I did see it 30 feet alot. :(

I don't know a huge amount about this, but I believe it's number of satellites, signal strength, and the position or pattern of the available satellites. My 210 is often at 30-50 feet indicated error indoors. It's better in the car, and outdoors I usually get 10-20 feet and a WAAS indication. The best number I've seen come up is 7 feet when conditions are good- whatever good is. It might come up once or twice a day for a while. I'd take the error indicator with a large grain of salt. OTOH, my accuracy seems consistently better than the error indicator suggests. The unit is almost always within 10 feet, based on chasing an arbitrary point around, and it's also within 10 feet for a nearby adjusted coordinate benchmark. Much of the time it's even better than that. I can't imagine wanting an external antenna, as it almost always gets 5-6 satellites indoors, and 9 or more outdoors. Other than a bit of quirkiness with how menus react when it's busy searching, I'm pretty impressed.