Adopting Caches

twjolson & Kay

Search is down for everyone - causing slowdown/timeout issues.

I think if the cache owner is active, both parties need to contact the area volunteer reviewer with the story & the GCXXXX. I think they can then transfer the cache to the adoptees account for access & editing.

In the case for an abandoned cache, the reviewer will try to reach the original owner. If no reasonable contact, I think they'll do it, depending on the situation.

/Taking a stab at a guess.

So...what if the original cache owner is MIA?

I am trying to adopt a terminally ill cache, the owner and I were in contact, and he told me he wanted me to take the cache over because he did not have time to take care of it. I replaced this cache and then wrote to him and asked him to fill out the adoption form, and I have not heard from him. Poof, he disappeared.

Does that mean I'm outta luck then?

So...what if the original cache owner is MIA?

I am trying to adopt a terminally ill cache, the owner and I were in contact, and he told me he wanted me to take the cache over because he did not have time to take care of it. I replaced this cache and then wrote to him and asked him to fill out the adoption form, and I have not heard from him. Poof, he disappeared.

Does that mean I'm outta luck then?

try contacting your local reviewer. explain where you were in the process. (for now, put the cache on your watchlist, so that you get logs for what's going on with the cache, so you can keep an eye on it in the mean time). the reviewers can work around the system if the original owner is AWOL, and sometimes they can find the original owner. there's still hope.