Syracuse

Nushiekitty

The wife and I are heading to Syracuse for a hockey game (Syracuse Crunch and Hartford Wolfpack) on Dec. 30th and are wondering 3 things:

How much snow would you expect to be on the ground. I know 2 weeks is a long time but I am sure if there is a lot now and you expect more soon you could guess.

Are there winter friendly caches there?

If anyone watchs the Crunch play, do they sell out often?

If you want to rack up alot of caches in a short time, take a short trip over to Auburn. There are about 40 caches there, most winter accessable and quick to find. Do the one called Holiday Backyard Cache (GCHAK8) first and you might find a guide. :lol: Use zip 13021 for Auburn, 13210 for Syracuse. As for the Crunch, I haven't been living up in Syracuse for two years now but tickets were always available then.

Thanks for the help. We have heard the horror stories of lots of snow in a short period of time. I have checked the weather forcast for the next 10 days and it says snow showers everyday. I was not sure whether the type of snow Syracuse gets was predictable or whether it pretty much just hit whenever.

If its lake effect it depends on the wind direction. A slight change in direction can change a minor dusting into a blizzard.

We've made a few geocaching trips to Syracuse and you are wise to look for help before you go. I suggest you simply check the caches that have been found a few days prior to your trip assuming there has been no snow since. We would advise against trying to find anything very difficult or anything that has been untouched since November. I have to agree with those who suggest Auburn, it's cache saturated and fairly scenic. Happy Hunting.

i agree with you about Auburn

I work here for two weeks each year and the caching is V V good

Yet another vote for Auburn. A native daughter of that town, has over 100 hides (not all in Auburn of course). Generally easy, but no super lamo parking lot lamp-posts. As far as the snow, I have heard somewhere (although it may be an urban legend) that Syracuse is the most snowed upon major city in America.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel