Newbie Wants To Start On Vacation!

GeorgiaYakMan

Hi

Brand new to Geocaching. Going to get GPS for christmas!!

I have got my daughter excited about "Treasure Hunting".

We are going to travel for Christmas up to Gatlinburg. We want to search on the way up thru Georgia, North Carolina and TN. I have several questions.

How do I plan a route that will include good Geocaching sites?

I will be traveling on I75 North from South Georgia then 441 thru North Georgia,NC and then TN. Are there some "Must Do" caches along my route?

How do I pick the best cache to try and find when I'm in a certain area?

Are there any organized hunts sheduled for Dec 26 thru Dec 31 around the Gatlinburg area?

Thanks

Bryan

Hi there,

I'm a newbie myself, but welcome to the wonderful(and sometimes frustrating) world of caching.

I live in the Dalton area. There are 1/2 a dozen or so caches within 2 miles of I75, exit 333.

Contact me through my profile if ya want more info.

BTW, there's probably a blue-million caches in the metro Atlanta area, but I haven't a clue where.

As far as caches along a route, either the linke above, or the method I document on my website or the best current solutions.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Going through Georgia, you might want to contact the Georgia Geocachers Association (GGA). You might do well to post over in the South and Southeast Forum to get recommendations - since the Atlanta area has about 2,730 caches within 100 miles of downtown. :eek: .

Using the PQs you can filter to the type of hunt you like and try to weed it down, but in the end, you might do well to contact some prominent cacher in the area and ask their opinions on some great ones on the way through. I hear this guy might help...